First EV? Kind of surprising

New to full EV as well. I live in a cold, high altitude, remote area so the 500 mile range was the tipping point for me.

I'm hoping to get from San Francisco to Tahoe -- 200 miles with 7000 feet elevation gain on a very cold day -- without stopping for juice.
I might see you around there in Tahoe! I live in Sacramento area. Hoping the 400 mile range would be sufficient uphill. Im still debating whether to spend a lot extra just to get glass roof. Main reason is so I can enjoy the Tahoe view better :) on top of upgraded sound for some nice music + fun driving based on Air reviews. Looking forward to it!

P.S. only 1 Electrify America charging station there in South Lake (idk how many chargers). Might have to duel for the spot lol. I would have to hog it longer since Pure/Touring doesnt have the super fast DC charge capability.

Yeah my plan was an AMG E class wagon, but Lucid checked the boxes for me. I wonder what’s gonna happen to the EQS over time? They sold 2000 EQS in Q1. If Lucid does the 12K this year they are predicting then that’s selling better than the EQS! I’m sure MB’s software is better worked out and it’s probably more comfy in a posh sort of way, but there’s zero people on earth thus far that have said it’s as good to drive as the Lucid…. And it charges slower with less range, looks like a bar of soap and has shit brakes.
You and I are in the same boat. My AMG order was cancelled twice and the Air will arrive well before the EQS I ordered.

Back