Fed up with unresponsive Lucid motors

J/R

Cars
Grand Touring
Car fully paid.
No response to emails or voicemails. I have been patient, waiting for several days before reaching out again.

Called general customer service line, was told they will call me back in 15 min with an update to where my car is, 2 days later still waiting …

I have found the exact opposite. They have been very communicative during order, build, delivery, and now service since delivery. They have been really fantastic. Sorry you are not experiencing the same.

I have found the exact opposite. They have been very communicative during order, build, delivery, and now service since delivery. They have been really fantastic. Sorry you are not experiencing the same.
For me the experience is way worse than I expected; makes me worried about after sales. Good to know your experience was better.

With any new company you will have bright spots and black holes. I’ve had some of both dealing with lucid. I think the ultimate problem with any organization that is doing rapid expansion and hiring is that you get some people over their head in some positions plus you have hierarchy and chain of command of employees/ managers that is not finalized and needs tweaking. As a result some orders and deliveries go well and some hit speed bumps. The same is true with service. Untill the churn of getting rid of bad or incompetent employees and promoting good and effective employees plays out over time some customers will have a less than satisfactory experience with lucid

I didn't pay until I had a pickup/delivery date set. In my case the delivery date was set with someone at the service center in Goose Island, meaning the car was transferred from the factory and passed PDI, and I knew where the car was. Paid via wire. Called my local contact at Goose Island and my DA informed them of my pay method. Later that day I got an automated email that my payment was received. Smooth sailing in my case. Not in any way trying to discount your experience. Just sharing mine, and maybe try to understand if there's any opportunity to see where the missteps took place.

Do you have a delivery date set yet?

I didn't pay until I had a pickup/delivery date set. In my case the delivery date was set with someone at the service center in Goose Island, meaning the car was transferred from the factory and passed PDI, and I knew where the car was. Paid via wire. Called my local contact at Goose Island and my DA informed them of my pay method. Later that day I got an automated email that my payment was received. Smooth sailing in my case. Not in any way trying to discount your experience. Just sharing mine, and maybe try to understand if there's any opportunity to see where the missteps took place.

Do you have a delivery date set yet?
No deliver date yet. The vehicle had completed PDI; I signed some paperwork and as soon as payment portal became active started the money transfer late July.

They initiated the registration paperwork Aug 2; Main problem is that emails and phone calls have had little follow up; until today.

Still don’t have a delivery day.

That is a long time. In my case, I got the call on 8/16 that my car would be ready the following week, and I set a delivery date for 8/25. I paid on 8/22, got my car on 8/25 (yesterday) as planned. I would schedule an appointment with your DA which can be found in the signature of their email. I have found emailing and leaving voicemails does not work. Probably because everyone is booking up their calendars! Though it sounds like someone finally reached out to you today. Hoping for a quick resolution for you from here on out.

Car fully paid.
No response to emails or voicemails. I have been patient, waiting for several days before reaching out again.

Called general customer service line, was told they will call me back in 15 min with an update to where my car is, 2 days later still waiting …
FWIW my experience with Lucid was OK. Not great towards the end. In my case, I had to push them to release my car, after I got confirmation of complete payment. (They hinted they will need 5 days for wire to clear and I had to call them out on that; and request they release the vehicle immly.)

My $0.02/-: Be after them. Log calls/emails. and ask why your car is not with you, AFTER complete payment has been done.

P.S: The last few days of my interaction with Lucid was not the best due to the delivery/payment threads. Initially it was great, but it went south towards the end. :-( ...

No deliver date yet. The vehicle had completed PDI; I signed some paperwork and as soon as payment portal became active started the money transfer late July.

They initiated the registration paperwork Aug 2; Main problem is that emails and phone calls have had little follow up; until today.

Curious if you ever got your car.
Not quite as bad as your situation yet, but similar with lack of information/communication I'm 2 weeks paid and the car arrived yesterday supposedly but crickets.
I have the license plates and registration sent last week from the RMV (also MA) but no one to let know.

Serenity Now!

Seems like they don't have a car for you and are stalling. Maybe it's stuck on the line missing carpet, maybe they sold it to someone else, maybe they recked it and it's in the body shop. I have no idea, but I can imagine your thoughts.

I saw a YT video on a gold one where they used a paint thickness gauge and clearly the car had been repainted and repaired before delivery.

I did receive my car two weeks ago. Love the way it drives; exterior and fit/finish had several issues. Scratches and discoloration on paint; misaligned door; beading installation issues. Has now gone back to Lucid for a couple of days to rectify; had to follow up.

Serenity Now!

Seems like they don't have a car for you and are stalling. Maybe it's stuck on the line missing carpet, maybe they sold it to someone else, maybe they recked it and it's in the body shop. I have no idea, but I can imagine your thoughts.

I saw a YT video on a gold one where they used a paint thickness gauge and clearly the car had been repainted and repaired before delivery.
They did tell me that bumper was repainted due to scratches; but there were several panels with scratches and discoloration.

Curious if you ever got your car.
Not quite as bad as your situation yet, but similar with lack of information/communication I'm 2 weeks paid and the car arrived yesterday supposedly but crickets.
I have the license plates and registration sent last week from the RMV (also MA) but no one to let know.
Plates took about 3+ weeks and title came after another week or so. I had them both some time before I was asked to pick up the car.

If picking up in Boston; be mindful to check car carefully as paint blemishes are not visible in the poorly lit underground garage.

Plates took about 3+ weeks and title came after another week or so. I had them both some time before I was asked to pick up the car.

If picking up in Boston; be mindful to check car carefully as paint blemishes are not visible in the poorly lit underground garage.
Glad to hear you got the car and are happy with it. The fit/finish/paint issues are a bit disconcerting but it sounds like they've been responsive with fixes.
I feel like they should be a little tighter on customer experience and QC by this point at this level.

Back