Feature Request: Disable/Enable door locks

Taylair

Cars
Air
I’m sure everyone has been annoyed by auto locking doors. Anyone who drives and cleans the Air has for sure.

I often think how great it would be if the car would disable auto locking the doors whenever I intentionally unlock the doors. Leave it unlocked until I either lock it or drive away. Then enable the auto locking once again. Cause it is nice for those quick stops.

And I would probably leave it unlocked in my garage just so it didn’t wake up every time I walk by.

Thanks for listening.
Steve

Many feature requests, including this one, were part of the Mega Poll. To view the results, in order of popularity, please visit www.lucidupdates.com

Is it possible to inadvertently lock a FOB or mobile key (cell phone) in car?? Not that I want to but on some cars, you can.
What would happen if you left FOB, walked away with phone and then hit lock button from app or mobile key?
Is there an auditory alarm if you walk away with FOB/Phone left inside?
Also, if you do leave one inside, car never shuts off?
Final newbie question, (car scheduled for delivery Saturday) is there a lock button on door somewhere that you can hit with door open and car locks when you close?
Sorry if already answered somewhere.

Is it possible to inadvertently lock a FOB or mobile key (cell phone) in car?? Not that I want to but on some cars, you can.
What would happen if you left FOB, walked away with phone and then hit lock button from app or mobile key?
Final newbie question, (car scheduled for delivery Saturday) is there a lock button on door somewhere that you can hit with door open and car locks when you close?
Can't answer for a Mobile Key, but for the fob, if you lock it in the car, just push in on the driver door handle, near the front half of the handle for a second and the car will unlock. It will retract the handles in and appear locked, but you can do this to get back in.

For your other question, the car will not lock with any doors open. I think this works the same on my other cars.

And if you do do leave the fob inside and lock with the app, it will still sleep or shut off eventually.

When I dropped my car off the night before a detailing appointment, I asked about a key drop box. They said to just lock the key in the car and they could call in the morning when they were ready to move it and I could remotely unlock it for them. I tested this before trying it, and sure enough everything worked fine. Left the key fob out of sight in the center console, locked the car with the app, and everything locked and went to sleep. I could unlock remotely with the app, and that gave access to the key fob inside the car.

When I dropped my car off the night before a detailing appointment, I asked about a key drop box. They said to just lock the key in the car and they could call in the morning when they were ready to move it and I could remotely unlock it for them. I tested this before trying it, and sure enough everything worked fine. Left the key fob out of sight in the center console, locked the car with the app, and everything locked and went to sleep. I could unlock remotely with the app, and that gave access to the key fob inside the car.
But if the FOB is inside of the car. They could push the door handles and wake the car up. Maybe you can remove the battery when putting FOB inside, or put in Faraday pouch, then lock it in to prevent anyone from getting in

Back