Failed: Tried installing roof rack

KingLucid

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
9I7AU5QM
i was in process of installing the roof rack after washing the car. I couldn’t find anything included to unscrew the screw from the roof. It looks like a star pattern. I thought it would be included in lucid roof rack kit. If any of you know where I can find one. Please let me know. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_6642.webp
    IMG_6642.webp
    156.8 KB · Views: 50
Sounds like a torx bit maybe?

Be aware that if you have a glass roof, you should really let Lucid do the install. Torque it wrong and you may crack the glass.

Sounds like a torx bit maybe?

Be aware that if you have a glass roof, you should really let Lucid do the install. Torque it wrong and you may crack the glass.
I have a metal roof but still rather have lucid do it. What do you think is the installation cost?

I tried installing it myself but one of the screws in the roof that I had to take out kept spinning freely and wouldn't come out. Then I had a separate charging issue with the car so when service picked up the car, I had them take the roof rack and install that as well. They did not charge me for the install...not sure if that's because of the faulty screw or if Lucid doesn't charge for installing Lucid accessories.

Back