Executive Seating?

rpavlicek

Cars
Tesla Model S
The Executive rear seats (revealed a year+ ago) were a big selling point for me.

I realize they are not yet available in the configuration, but was wondering if anyone knew when they might be available?

In case you need a refresher:

Thanks!

The only thing I've heard semi-officially was in an interview Eric Bach, the VP of Hardware Engineering, gave a couple of months ago. He did not call the seats an option but said there would be an Executive Rear Seating "version" of the car to come out "later, aimed primarily at the Asian market". He did not say what "later" meant. My guess is it'll probably go into production when Lucid turns its attention to China after filling European and Middle Eastern early orders.

I heard some time ago from my sales rep that the Executive Rear Seating would have the smaller battery pack, as the footrests needed the deeper footwells for clearance. That probably means a car with the 406 miles of range of the Touring model, along with its lower horsepower. It seems aimed more at the urban chauffeur-driven market than the road warrior market.

I remember seeing somewhere 2022 as a target year for the Executive edition but don't take this to the bank...

Back