• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

RESOLVED Electrical and Software Gremlins

kerplunk

It's been an adventure in ownership for sure. The car was delivered end of April with some issues like flaky LTE, nav address issues but nothing major. About two weeks and 180 miles later Adas started to act up and the center screen died.

Mobile service came out about 1.5 weeks later and replaced it and then ALL issues started popping up. The trunk doesn't open, glove box doesn't open, mobile key stopped working, the HVAC system went nuts blowing air when it was off and blowing air in locations that didn't need it.

Fast forward to today and the instrument cluster died rendering the car immovable, door unable to unlock, soft close broke. The car is currently stuck half in and out of the garage and I'm waiting for a tow.

It seems like something is wrong with the LN or Lin network? The mobile technician hit a dead end and hasn't seen anything like this before. He suspects that it has always been wonky, but the center screen crashing covered it up.

Its been a great 400 miles of driving but a frustrating 7 weeks of ownership, way too much time spent parked.

Mobile service is great, if not over stretched. I believe Lucid will get the car working, but it's a bit annoying to get a car that has had problems day 1 and now, not know when I'll have it back.

Communication has been rough around the edges, primarily with call backs and updates.

Has anyone had experience with LN communications problems? What kind of headaches do I have to look forward to?

To top it all off my trunk spoiler got a nice gouge from a falling bike bleh.

Last edited:
It's been an adventure in ownership for sure. The car was delivered end of April with some issues like flaky LTE, nav address issues but nothing major. About two weeks and 180 miles later Adas started to act up and the center screen died.

Mobile service came out about 1.5 weeks later and replaced it and then ALL issues started popping up. The trunk doesn't open, glove box doesn't open, mobile key stopped working, the HVAC system went nuts blowing air when it was off and blowing air in locations that didn't need it.

Fast forward to today and the instrument cluster died rendering the car immovable, door unable to unlock, soft close broke. The car is currently stuck half in and out of the garage and I'm waiting for a tow.

It seems like something is wrong with the LN or Lin network? The mobile technician hit a dead end and hasn't seen anything like this before. He suspects that it has always been wonky, but the center screen crashing covered it up.

Its been a great 400 miles of driving but a frustrating 7 weeks of ownership, way too much time spent parked.

Mobile service is great, if not over stretched. I believe Lucid will get the car working, but it's a bit annoying to get a car that has had problems day 1 and now, not know when I'll have it back.

Communication has been rough around the edges, primarily with call backs and updates.

Has anyone had experience with LN communications problems? What kind of headaches do I have to look forward to?

Never seen that before; sorry for your experience! I hope they get it figured out quickly, and please keep us updated.

How did a bike fall on your car?! 😬 those aren’t usually falling out of the sky lol

I haven't heard of that either. We have not seen anybody on this forum with that issue. Please keep this thread updated so we may learn from your experiences. All the best, and I hope it is resolved soon.

2023 Touring - Total Miles: 740 - Location: NYC

Symptoms:
- Center Screen Dead (first)
- Instrument Panel Dead (few days later)
- Mobile Key nonfunctional
- Keyfob nonfunctional
- Glovebox and Trunk nonfunctional
- Car undriveable
- HVAC unable to control temp and blower

Solutions:
- 3 mobile tech appts were made to chase down possible issues. Screen and fuses were replaced.
- tow needed to MA service center

The Cause:
The ACM, PCU and ICC modules were not communicating properly.
The Connector A at LVJBC loose. The mounting hinge was broken.

The Fix:
Replaced hinge and secured wiring.

Charge: $0 under warranty.

The experience:

They managed to get me a loaner which I greatly appreciate. Those are pretty hard to get currently. The turn around time was about 11 days. During that time they aligned the body panels and took care of some due list items. I am unsure if they fixed the wireless charging. I still need to check that. The one thing I hope Lucid does better in the future is communication. I was told the car would be picked up the day the mobile tech gave up, but I had to wait until the next day. That normally wouldn't be a problem, but the car was half in and half out of the garage so I couldn't get the door down.

The day of pickup they sent 1 guy without Gojacks to move the car, but it was undriveable. It was rescheduled to the next weekday. Next time, they sent 2 guys with Gojacks but it's a heavy car and the street is slanted. I tried to communicate that, but was told the movers were very experienced. That was a rough move and the narrow one way street was shutdown for about 30 minutes as we tried to rock the Lucid back and forth to position it for the truck. The city bus was not happy. I should have been more insistent on describing the difficulties, so I'm going take some on the chin with that.

The day I got my car back I wasn't given a time until midday. Fortunately, I was able to just go and do my errands before the driver showed up. The 4th of July travel plans didn't pan out, but if they did. I'm not really sure what they would have done.

The people at Lucid really will attempt to move mountains to get stuff done though. On the first attempt after a night with the car stuck half in and out of the garage they sent someone with Gojacks specifically to just help push the car back in so I could get the door down for the weekend. There would be less headaches though if clarity was achieved before action. But that pretty much applies to everything. I also would have liked more concrete plans that I could plan the day around, its understandable in that they are stretched pretty thin in the northeast. Hopefully once the NY location opens they'll be able to handle the communication and logistics better.

Regarding optional body work, service advisor in MA suggested that I get that done in NY and he'll look into arranging that with an approved shop since the turn around time would be faster. Also, I have taken the opportunity to clean out the garage and fight my pack rat tendencies.

Hopefully all is good now. I'm looking forward to putting some miles on this thing.

Last edited:
Where in NY do you live? Sorry about the early headaches! I agree Lucid service really moves mountains, I hope they are able to network more with reliable tow companies though. The tow experience I’ve had were great (only one was due to car not being driveable).

I'm in Brooklyn and it's my understanding from the delivery people at Manhasset and the mobile tech that as of the end of April I'm the only Lucid around this far out. Hopefully we see a few more.

Back