Efficiency improve continuously………EPA rating is True depend on your driving patterns
As most of you are keenly aware, the realizable efficiency is highly dependent on driving and environmental parameters. To make the posted data meaning, please specifythe following:
> city and or highway driving
> estimated mph and % of time (e.g., City driving avg 35-40 mph/50% of the time; Hwy 75mph/50% time)
> elevation (flat, high elevation, up and down hills, etc.)
>temperature (70-75F, -40F/C, 120F, etc.)
These basic parameters will help us interpret the data iin context.
About a year ago, I posted a 15min drive I my Rivian R1S in Phoenix city streets. The drive recorded was about 15min, covering 4-5 miles at about 40mph and hitting all green lights (i.e., no stops). I "pegged" the R1S's efficiency meter at 5mi/kwh. But, as you know, that's hardly the normal for city/hwy driving. My average for city/hwy driving is probably closer to 2.5mi/kWh. Context is important to understand the data.