Edmunds? LOL 10/10 from C&D!

MGRMLN

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
AGT/570S Spider/Cayenne
Referral Code
Y5OFBG6Z
Great take, but I don't think the article is correct in saying that all Airs come with three years of complimentary Electrify America charging. In fact, I don't think any do at this point?

Great take, but I don't think the article is correct in saying that all Airs come with three years of complimentary Electrify America charging. In fact, I don't think any do at this point?

One or two years for the new Airs with a 1000kwh charging cap.

Just got confirmation from the Miami Design Studio at the Worldcenter (not the Studio at Brickell City Center) that the Aurora Green Gravity that will be on display tomorrow will be available to sit in between the hours of noon and 2:00 p.m. Looks like a drive over to Miami tomorrow . . . .

Gotta check out that squircle and second- and third-row seating.

This might mean that Release Candidate cars are now in circulation?

Yesterday the Design Studio said they weren't sure which car they were getting. If it was the one from the L.A. Auto Show, visitors would not be able to sit in it. If it was a recent build, we would. When I called back today, that had received confirmation they were getting one in which customers could sit. (As we had already driven across state twice to see one of the L.A. show Gravities, we weren't going to make the trip without confirmation we could try it on for size this time.)

Still no test driving, though.

Don't forget Edmunds is now owned by Carmax, since Lucid doesn't make many vehicles, they can't make a lot of money on used Lucid's so probably affects their ratings.

One or two years for the new Airs with a 1000kwh charging cap.
There's also a possibility that original reservation holders who haven't bought the car yet can get it. That was the case for me, just around when they were getting rid of it as a standard offering. I don't know how big a selling point it is though. It was for Tesla a decade ago, when people were questioning whether EVs could be used for long distance trips. My recommendation to an original reservation holder would be to consider dropping that and using a referral code instead, depending on whether they get any other benefits and how much they plan to charge away from home.

I don't anticipate that many people would make a buying decision based on whether or not they get free charging, but a decade ago I had to explain to far too many people that not only is it more convenient to charge from home, but the per mile depreciation from driving to charging stations could easily cost them more than paying for the electricity at home. Plus, if they consider their personal time worth even minimum wage, and they wouldn't drive somebody else's car to a charging station, charge it and drive it back for the cost of the electricity for a home charge, then they shouldn't do it for their own car.

Back