Echo on speaker phone

jdorf13

Cars
Lucid air touring
Hey - when I am on a call on speaker, the other person usually says there is a terrible echo , altho on my side it sounds clear; I have to go to headphones and then it resolves….

Anyone else have this issue, how do we fix it? Perhaps because of CarPlay?

Me too. I have found that if I turn the volume down to 50% or less then it’s fine. Unfortunately, I find it very difficult to hear them easily at this level. This makes it very hard for me to make phone calls through the car

For me people say it’s fine on CarPlay and terrible via the factory phone software.

I am terribly disappointed with phone and related software... Everybody says they can barely hear me...Terrible sound quality.. Siri misses my dictation horribly and cuts me off in middle of dictation... Compared to phone and CarPlay in past cars it is just horrible.. I have iPhone 13+ with all updates, so it is not a phone issue... It is Lucid related problem and a major issue because I do so much work on phone while driving... Are there any fixes for this? It makes me unhappy with my new Lucid....

I am terribly disappointed with phone and related software... Everybody says they can barely hear me...Terrible sound quality.. Siri misses my dictation horribly and cuts me off in middle of dictation... Compared to phone and CarPlay in past cars it is just horrible.. I have iPhone 13+ with all updates, so it is not a phone issue... It is Lucid related problem and a major issue because I do so much work on phone while driving... Are there any fixes for this? It makes me unhappy with my new Lucid....
Odd, mine has been much better with the recent updates.

I called Lucid and they suggested turning off Car Play when making calls... It worked, but in a perfect world they should not need a work-around to make calls... Hopeful they will get Car Play issues sorted.. While on call with Lucid tech support I mentioned that the delivery consultant at Lucid told me that Lucid will soon get Car Play II.. They said they had no info on this...

How do I +1 with Lucid on this topic. Just got my Pure on Sunday, made a call yesterday and my brother couldn’t even stay on the call because it was so bad with the echo and delays.

I had this proble. Lucid fixed it at its yearly service. It works perfectly noe. Mike

I had this proble. Lucid fixed it at its yearly service. It works perfectly noe. Mike
I’ll see if customer care - actually cares and can help. It seems like it works for some and not for others. What version of their software are you on?

I'm pleased to report that the latest update 2.1.52 appears to have corrected the echo problem during phone calls! I can now make calls in the car without having to use my airpods. I assume this is due to the improvements to Carplay that were part of the update (I have an iPhone).

Thanks Lucid

Back