EA Charging

I recently was charging at a 350 KW station in Northern Virginia (actually outside of EA corporate office). I only maxed out at 110KW. But, the vehicle before me (Hyundai),
using the same station, was able to get 170KW. EA customer service told me that it had to be something with Lucid. Couldn’t understand why. Thoughts?

I recently was charging at a 350 KW station in Northern Virginia (actually outside of EA corporate office). I only maxed out at 110KW. But, the vehicle before me (Hyundai),
using the same station, was able to get 170KW. EA customer service told me that it had to be something with Lucid. Couldn’t understand why. Thoughts?
Many factors like SOC and temperature affect the charge rate. What was your SOC and the outside temperature? There are also some EA software issues with Signet chargers that can impact your charge rate although rumor has it that EA is rolling out an update to fix that.

I was very happy with my last charging. was getting 174 at a 150. It climbed to 174. Took 35 minutes to get to 80%.
07548522-CDD6-4E4E-B502-AA95DBA9B22E_1_105_c.jpeg

A couple people have posted around 300kW.
Just now I was getting only 9kw on 350. This is at East Brunswick, NJ location. Worst ever experience. Jumped to next 350 I got 42kw tops.

Attachments

• IMG_3624.png
    IMG_3624.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 67
I had my first ”normal” charge with an EA signet where it followed the charging graph without bouncing….started about 155 at 30 % SOC and ended at 75 kWh at 80% . Hopefully the software upgrades are being employed eveywhere

Just now I was getting only 9kw on 350. This is at East Brunswick, NJ location. Worst ever experience. Jumped to next 350 I got 42kw tops.
I had similar issues with this same location a couple of years ago with a different car.

I've charged 3 times. The first 2 no problem, except the nozzle seemed to be at an angle. I needed to twist it to insert. The 3rd time the nozzle was less angled, but it could not authenticate. I called EA (10 minutes on hold) and they walked me thru using the Lucid App for authentication. At 40% SOC it started at 65 kW. Power limited by station (150 kW). It slowly worked its way up to 70 kW. Later down again as I approached 90% SOC. I've never had a problem with the home charger.

Last edited:
Credit where credit’s due: great experience yesterday at EA Seabrook, NH. This is what EA should be like.

Arrived at 15%, pulled 176kW from the “150kW” ABB charger. Did some shopping at WalMart and left half an hour later at 70%, still getting 96kW.

Credit where credit’s due: great experience yesterday at EA Seabrook, NH. This is what EA should be like.

Arrived at 15%, pulled 176kW from the “150kW” ABB charger. Did some shopping at WalMart and left half an hour later at 70%, still getting 96kW.
Had a couple of charges there with same result. It's my go-to charger when i visit family. Can make the trip from Philly on one charge.
(but my bladder can not).

Except for one charger in Eureka that kept refusing to authorize (even when using the Lucid app), EA's chargers have been working well for me for the past couple of weeks. I pulled 227kW in Garberville while at 25% and 185kW at 35% at the Lakeshore Plaza in SF.

I’ve been finding in general EA reliability has improved some, although 350kw chargers tend to be slower at a similar SOC% than 150kw if you’re on ABB units. It seems the Signet surge is over though, which is great, I haven’t heard of one instance of the YoYo in the last month.

I’ve been finding in general EA reliability has improved some, although 350kw chargers tend to be slower at a similar SOC% than 150kw if you’re on ABB units. It seems the Signet surge is over though, which is great, I haven’t heard of one instance of the YoYo in the last month.
If this is the case, that’s a great improvement. I didn’t rely on EA much on my cross country trip so can’t say too much about it. I did have the most fantastic charging experience at the charging station with perhaps the best view in Sedona, AZ.

I did have the most fantastic charging experience at the charging station with perhaps the best view in Sedona, AZ.
That is the best EA site in AZ that I have been to. The EA sites that are co-branded with APS (Arizona Public Service) seem to always also.

Rocked up at a WalMart in Abingdon, MD yesterday at 15% and preconditioned.

Charging rate went straight up to 290kW! Not the fastest that's been seen on here, and of course it tapered pretty quick. But it's certainly the fastest I've seen.

Attachments

• IMG_8499.jpeg
    IMG_8499.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 58
Interesting that Arizona has cobranded sites too. I stopped at an EvolveNY location last week, pretty good experience overall.

I am still amazed at getting over 170 on a 150, but it is my new normal.
On Monday I pulled 201 kW at an EA 150kW charger in Auburn CA while 3 other cars were also charging. Later that day in Lovelock NV, I was only able to pull 72 kW at a 350 kW charger with a 25% SOC and with no one else charging. I switched to a 150 kW charger at the same location and pulled 173 kW. It's hard to predict what these chargers are going to deliver.

Back