EA Chargers Today

SubSailor

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Tesla M3, AirGT
I picked up vehicle today after getting xPel Ultimate PPF and CQ Quartz UK ceramic coating done. It looks fantastic and pictures coming soon. The detailer had professional pictures taken since it was his first Lucid. He also did my Model 3 Tesla for letting him use my Lucid for advertising. Anyone in the Tucson area, this is the guy. So, I went to Marana, AZ to charge the Lucid since it was down to 30%. This is the only EA close enough to use but I normally use my home charger and solar. Unbelievable range of cars....2 Kias, 1 Ford Mustang, 1 Chevy Bolt (at 350kW charger) 1 Tesla, 2 Rivians and me. I could not get charger operating and this is my 6th time there with only 2 successful. After almost 2 hrs on the phone and trying 4 different chargers, I decided to leave and just as I backed out, a newer charger opened up. I pulled in for one last try, plugged in and it started immediately at 143kW, and I charged to 80%. I felt like I had just had sex...well, not so much in regard to total time. (??)
Pulled plug, noted no charge, backed out and went home with Queen on Tidal with windows down like I was 18. Damn, it was a great 25-mile trip home and I got to play with a EQS a little bit.
Just another nail in the coffin for any long-range trips for me...my spouse is completely ready for the Gravity to be released and this EA charging problem to be over. She informed me that we will be taking the Tesla to Vail this summer...and I was hoping to take the Lucid, but I am not going to risk our trip on EA charging. So sad with such an awesome vehicle. It is time for America to address this EV charging aggressively. The initial amount allocated is a drop in the bucket...quit giving money away and let's rebuild American infrastructure. (Almost getting political, sorry)

I picked up vehicle today after getting xPel Ultimate PPF and CQ Quartz UK ceramic coating done. It looks fantastic and pictures coming soon. The detailer had professional pictures taken since it was his first Lucid. He also did my Model 3 Tesla for letting him use my Lucid for advertising. Anyone in the Tucson area, this is the guy. So, I went to Marana, AZ to charge the Lucid since it was down to 30%. This is the only EA close enough to use but I normally use my home charger and solar. Unbelievable range of cars....2 Kias, 1 Ford Mustang, 1 Chevy Bolt (at 350kW charger) 1 Tesla, 2 Rivians and me. I could not get charger operating and this is my 6th time there with only 2 successful. After almost 2 hrs on the phone and trying 4 different chargers, I decided to leave and just as I backed out, a newer charger opened up. I pulled in for one last try, plugged in and it started immediately at 143kW, and I charged to 80%. I felt like I had just had sex...well, not so much in regard to total time. (??)
Pulled plug, noted no charge, backed out and went home with Queen on Tidal with windows down like I was 18. Damn, it was a great 25-mile trip home and I got to play with a EQS a little bit.
Just another nail in the coffin for any long-range trips for me...my spouse is completely ready for the Gravity to be released and this EA charging problem to be over. She informed me that we will be taking the Tesla to Vail this summer...and I was hoping to take the Lucid, but I am not going to risk our trip on EA charging. So sad with such an awesome vehicle. It is time for America to address this EV charging aggressively. The initial amount allocated is a drop in the bucket...quit giving money away and let's rebuild American infrastructure. (Almost getting political, sorry)
I haven’t had the same issues at EA, but clearly lots of folks have. That said, I’d still take the Lucid and just make sure to plan backup chargers at EVGo or Chargepoint.

I haven’t had the same issues at EA, but clearly lots of folks have. That said, I’d still take the Lucid and just make sure to plan backup chargers at EVGo or Chargepoint.
If I can persuade my better half that the ride will be much better with her butt getting a massage while driving. She does like the car better...it is the charging that is turning her off.

Back