Driver seat restoring to profile

Same problem I'm having. Service center supposedly fixed but when I went to pick up , we tested and seats didn't move. So, they are clueless as well. My 10 yeold BMW adjusts everything based on which keyfob is used.
How do you have your profiles set up?

I am the primary and then added profile with 2nd key (other keys stored far away).
So when you save your seat position to profile, then move it somewhere else, then click restore, nothing happens? If that is indeed the case, you may need a “seat homing” procedure. This is performed by tech.

I thought that it restored if you pressed on your profile circle but I guess I was wrong

I thought that it restored if you pressed on your profile circle but I guess I was wrong
The 2.1.3 update added an “easy entry” option to slide the front seats back (and I assume move the seat back into position after closing the door).

- T

The 2.1.3 update added an “easy entry” option to slide the front seats back (and I assume move the seat back into position after closing the door).

- T
The option is there but I cannot toggle it for some reason. Hoping this is enhanced in the near term bc it would be a fantastic feature (not hitting my head and knees when I get in).

The option is there but I cannot toggle it for some reason. Hoping this is enhanced in the near term bc it would be a fantastic feature (not hitting my head and knees when I get in).
Please read back on this thread and also take a moment to read the FAQ at www.lucidupdates.com. This issue has been covered numerous times… You need to contact service and have a procedure called “seat homing.” This will solve the issue.

Please read back on this thread and also take a moment to read the FAQ at www.lucidupdates.com. This issue has been covered numerous times… You need to contact service and have a procedure called “seat homing.” This will solve the issue.
Thank you for the 411. Will look at that.

So when you save your seat position to profile, then move it somewhere else, then click restore, nothing happens? If that is indeed the case, you may need a “seat homing” procedure. This is performed by tech.
My seats never have returned to saved settings and never noticed (only driver) until I tried entry/exit which didn’t work. Took my Touring into service and they said the wiring harness was missing a wire and pin going into the connector. They had to T tap another wire to replace the missing one. Sounded like others had same issue so I wonder if a letter of service was issued.

So we need to take the car into service to fix this or is “seat homing” done over the phone? My car does not restore to my settings either. Since I am the only driver, I have not noticed.

So we need to take the car into service to fix this or is “seat homing” done over the phone? My car does not restore to my settings either. Since I am the only driver, I have not noticed.
Service came to house and seat homing did nothing. Took to Service Center and fixed there with added wire.

Back