Door trim figment issue

BuddhaDada13

Cars
Lucid AGT Black/Mojave
Anyone else have this problem? The top trim of my rear left side door is not aligned correctly so the door does not fully close. The top half bulges out and there is a gap between the body and the window. A large spider managed to crawl into the car and camp out on the interior side of the glass roof. I took the car in before Christmas and they manipulated the trim piece which fixed it for a few hours. I’m taking it in tomorrow to have replaced.

Attachments

• F8E39544-1456-40DF-ADD5-CB6A075192AD.jpeg
    F8E39544-1456-40DF-ADD5-CB6A075192AD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 224
  • 86EB02C2-8EBA-4115-A79E-EDD10986A33B.jpeg
    86EB02C2-8EBA-4115-A79E-EDD10986A33B.jpeg
    513.7 KB · Views: 199
I noticed mine looking like that at one point, and discovered that if I pushed on it carefully, I could get the trim piece to slide back in forth through the channel that held it. I slid it back 1/4 inch to be properly aligned, and it has stayed there since then.

Anyone else have this problem? The top trim of my rear left side door is not aligned correctly so the door does not fully close. The top half bulges out and there is a gap between the body and the window. A large spider managed to crawl into the car and camp out on the interior side of the glass roof. I took the car in before Christmas and they manipulated the trim piece which fixed it for a few hours. I’m taking it in tomorrow to have replaced.
My car had that problem, I didn’t even notice but service did while replacing wheel well trim that was loose, and so they fixed that door trim also.

Just mention it to service next time you go in they’ll take care of it.

It is mind boggling to me though that something as obvious as this (while minor and possibly just cosmetic) makes it past final inspection. It makes me wonder if there is even a final inspection.

It is mind boggling to me though that something as obvious as this (while minor and possibly just cosmetic) makes it past final inspection. It makes me wonder if there is even a final inspection.
It was not a final inspection issue. The door was fine when I received the car. It developed with time. My understanding is that the upper trim level on the doors can lose their fitment and need to be adjusted. My service advisor said that he had seen this issue on a few other cars.

Back