Door Release Safety

Luckyismydog

Cars
750li
Scary story: my wife and two small children were sitting in the back row while I went to pick up dinner (btw cinco taco I’m San Leandro makes their own tortillas and serves up some of the best Mexican food in the East Bay). She said she would text me so I took the phone.

Forgetting that the car automatically locks, I went inside and merrily ordered our dinner and watched them make fresh tortillas. At the same time the wife and kids were baking in the car in 90 degree weather and frantically trying to get out. Babies screaming and wife trying to open the door to no avail. My wife texted and called me and was truly frantic. I had to go to the car and unlock the door for them.

After dinner I decided to replicate the situation and locked myself in the back seat using the phone to lock the car. The first try took several attempts and I kept trying to pull the latch back to no avail. Then I unlocked the car, let some air into the car, and tried again. I checked to make sure that child lock was unlocked and then locked the car again using the phone. This time, it took 3-4 tries pulling the latch with much intention and the door opened while the other doors remained locked.

Definitely not something a child can easily do. Be sure to test this out on your own. Some other owners have not had this problem.

Perhaps the managers of this Lucid Owners Forum could set up a new category called Safety so that we can all share similar stories. Hopefully they will be few and far between.

Back