Don't do these things

Sheena

Verified Owner
Cars
touring or pure
Got my QG metal roof touring 1 week ago, have 750 miles on it already. Learned a few things maybe of help to other new users.
  • Don't open frunk if parked under shelves/cabinets in garage...might bang hood. I have to pull car in far to get it to fit, and under cabinets. Had a near miss.
  • Don't try to unplug charger while car is locked.....obvious and in manual , but first time I charged at home I forgot and was looking up emergency release procedure.
  • Don't sit in car, allow it to go to sleep completely, and then get software update. I was waiting for appointment with windows open on nice day. Car asked if I was still "there". I didn't respond , car shut down and then got software update. I could not open door once update started, and I thought update got stuck at 25% as it was downloading in region with poor cell signal. Called support as I thought I was trapped. They said open door "hard" which seemed to work, although I don't know if I pulled hard on the latch/switch or pushed hard on door itself. Got out, waited for update to complete (about 40 more minutes) happy ending
One "good" thing I did was to remove rear seat headrests as it significantly at least to me improves visibility using rear view mirror...love the car overall, with well described EA charging issues the one exception.

Good tips. I, too, have had a few close calls with my frunk when parked at various locations. Almost hit tree branches, low parking garage ceilings, etc.

It’s very easy to get into the habit of just putting the car into park and popping that frunk from the left cockpit panel without really looking. Probably best to get out of the car and open it with the fob when you are at a new location.

Got my QG metal roof touring 1 week ago, have 750 miles on it already. Learned a few things maybe of help to other new users.
  • Don't open frunk if parked under shelves/cabinets in garage...might bang hood. I have to pull car in far to get it to fit, and under cabinets. Had a near miss.
  • Don't try to unplug charger while car is locked.....obvious and in manual , but first time I charged at home I forgot and was looking up emergency release procedure.
  • Don't sit in car, allow it to go to sleep completely, and then get software update. I was waiting for appointment with windows open on nice day. Car asked if I was still "there". I didn't respond , car shut down and then got software update. I could not open door once update started, and I thought update got stuck at 25% as it was downloading in region with poor cell signal. Called support as I thought I was trapped. They said open door "hard" which seemed to work, although I don't know if I pulled hard on the latch/switch or pushed hard on door itself. Got out, waited for update to complete (about 40 more minutes) happy ending
One "good" thing I did was to remove rear seat headrests as it significantly at least to me improves visibility using rear view mirror...love the car overall, with well described EA charging issues the one exception.
Good call on removing the rear headrests. I feel dumb for not thinking about it myself. I'm usually in the car by myself so I don't need them. But it didn't occur to me probably because I figured out that the front headrests are not removable or even adjustable. So, any headrest adjustment thoughts just went right out of my head. I'll try this today. Thanks!

Good call on removing the rear headrests. I feel dumb for not thinking about it myself. I'm usually in the car by myself so I don't need them. But it didn't occur to me probably because I figured out that the front headrests are not removable or even adjustable. So, any headrest adjustment thoughts just went right out of my head. I'll try this today. Thanks!
The front ones move forward and back. But yes, aren’t removable.

Only on GT and above. The Touring and Pure front headrests don't move at all.

Well, I didn't expect this day to ever come. @borski, you and the other mods know so much about these vehicles that I didn't ever expect to be in possession of any knowledge that you didn't already have years ago lol. Of course, it's not really a fair comparison when A) I have the touring and most mods have DE's or GT's (except @joec) and B) it's something so completely obscure such as adjustability of the headrests.

Just to be clear, this is NOT a knock on any of the mods. Just me patting myself on the back for knowing something. lol

We collectively are very lucky to have such knowledgeable and helpful people running this forum. You and your contributions are much appreciated.

Well, I didn't expect this day to ever come. @borski, you and the other mods know so much about these vehicles that I didn't ever expect to be in possession of any knowledge that you didn't already have years ago lol. Of course, it's not really a fair comparison when A) I have the touring and most mods have DE's or GT's (except @joec) and B) it's something so completely obscure such as adjustability of the headrests.

Just to be clear, this is NOT a knock on any of the mods. Just me patting myself on the back for knowing something. lol

We collectively are very lucky to have such knowledgeable and helpful people running this forum. You and your contributions are much appreciated.
Lol I just read a lot 🤷‍♂️

Back