Is this counted within the calendar year and reset at the beginning of the next year? For example, if I use under 4750 points now (and no more points in 2025) and then another 4750 points in January of 2026 (and no more points in 2026), am I still remaining under the limit of $600 for both years?
Thus this thread.I just got an email stating that redeeming points might be considered a taxable event - guess that's something to keep in mind!
In 2026 the threshold for required 1099 reporting moves to $20k. Lucid could send a 1099 for less but I doubt they will. Next year the rewards store may be much more useful.Thanks to everyone who used my referrals. I have all 4 used up for 2025 so now if I do not want a 1099 it will take me 3 more years to redeem them. Maybe they will offer more stuff by then.2026 is around the corner.
That's great! I have a lot of points to use.In 2026 the threshold for required 1099 reporting moves to $20k. Lucid could send a 1099 for less but I doubt they will. Next year the rewards store may be much more useful.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, or at least 'less good' news, but I'm pretty sure the 2026 threshold for filing a 1099-MISC is going up to $2,000 and not $20,000.In 2026 the threshold for required 1099 reporting moves to $20k. Lucid could send a 1099 for less but I doubt they will. Next year the rewards store may be much more useful.
Fair. Still better than $600.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, or at least 'less good' news, but I'm pretty sure the 2026 threshold for filing a 1099-MISC is going up to $2,000 and not $20,000.
It's the 1099-K that has reverted to the original standard of over $20,000 in gross payments AND more than 200 transactions. Companies like Etsy will be thrilled. Buffalo Bob and the Lucid Gang... Probably not so much.
That's still good news. How can we verify at what point threshold Lucid sends 1099-MISC forms?Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, or at least 'less good' news, but I'm pretty sure the 2026 threshold for filing a 1099-MISC is going up to $2,000 and not $20,000.
It's the 1099-K that has reverted to the original standard of over $20,000 in gross payments AND more than 200 transactions. Companies like Etsy will be thrilled. Buffalo Bob and the Lucid Gang... Probably not so much.
It is the legal threshold.That's still good news. How can we verify at what point threshold Lucid sends 1099-MISC forms?