Disappointing Air Incentives

RMSko

Active Member

Joined
Feb 6, 2025
Messages
210
Reaction score
99
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Last month Lucid had about $17k in lease incentives ($7,500 tax credit, $7,500 Air credit and $2,000 loyalty credit). While we all knew that the $7,500 tax credit was going away, I'm really surprised that Lucid also eliminated the $7,500 Air credit. So basically, an Air costs $15,000 more today to lease than it did three days ago. I just don't see how they will sell many vehicles this way. I know that incentives are monthly and so nothing will change again until November 1st, but Lucid really needs to at least bring back the $7,500 Air credit if it wants to sell a lot of cars. What do you all think?
 
Last month Lucid had about $17k in lease incentives ($7,500 tax credit, $7,500 Air credit and $2,000 loyalty credit). While we all knew that the $7,500 tax credit was going away, I'm really surprised that Lucid also eliminated the $7,500 Air credit. So basically, an Air costs $15,000 more today to lease than it did three days ago. I just don't see how they will sell many vehicles this way. I know that incentives are monthly and so nothing will change again until November 1st, but Lucid really needs to at least bring back the $7,500 Air credit if it wants to sell a lot of cars. What do you all think?
Since none of us know how Air sales are trending, I cannot say if Lucid should bring back the Air credit or not. After all, the Air is the best selling car in its category. If I was Lucid I would be trying to gradually reduce the credits. $7500 may be too but we just don't know.
 
Haven’t we also had the impression that the Air inventories have been quite low lately as they’ve been cranking out Gravities?

If so, then they may feel that the folks that really want an Air would pay more at this point. Good old supply and demand!
 
Huh? It still shows this:

"$11,250 Air Credit for Lease, $7,500 Air Credit for Cash or Loan
Credit applied at time of order"
 
You're right! I was looking only at "Current Offers" and the only two it shows are Loyalty and Conquest credits. I now see that when you go to the actual inventory there is a $11,250 credit for lease. Smart move by Lucid - basically all that is lost is half of the tax credit. If I could change the title or my original post I would, but there isn't any edit button for the OP. I'm waiting for a GT with DD Pro and those won't be available until next month at the earliest. I'm hoping that Lucid will at least retain these incentives until at least year-end in order to boost total 2025 sales!
 
You're right! I was looking only at "Current Offers" and the only two it shows are Loyalty and Conquest credits. I now see that when you go to the actual inventory there is a $11,250 credit for lease. Smart move by Lucid - basically all that is lost is half of the tax credit. If I could change the title or my original post I would, but there isn't any edit button for the OP. I'm waiting for a GT with DD Pro and those won't be available until next month at the earliest. I'm hoping that Lucid will at least retain these incentives until at least year-end in order to boost total 2025 sales!
You should get one!
 
I do have someone I’m working with but isn’t it as simple as designing it on the site and just ordering it (that’s what I did)?
 
I prefer not to wait but I don’t think there is anyway to get it faster (unless one with my specs comes out of production). Do you know of a quicker way?
 
I would ask the sales rep, mine was able to see some not in inventory yet.
My Salesman said the same thing and he also said that he would be "monitoring". I'm just not very confident because to date he hasn't been very responsive.
 
I just noticed that the Air credit for a new order is $7,500 while the Air credit for a car that is available now or soon to be available is $11,250. Does anyone know if they ultimately apply the same credit to new orders as inventory orders as long as that same credit is available on delivery day or do they treat them differently? If they treat them differently, I would just instead get one from inventory.
 
Back
Top