Directional light off issue after turns

Orange

Verified Owner
Cars
Ram 2500, Cayenne
Anyone has experienced the directional light doesn’t off after right or left turn?
It doesn’t always happen but seeing this
Issues fairly often. Wonder if anyone else also seen this issue before.

No, works just like all the other cars I've driven. If you've pushed the signal lever past the detent, it says on until you've turned the wheel far enough in that direction and back to reset it. For smaller turns, you just push the lever in the opposite direction to the resistance point to reset.

No, works just like all the other cars I've driven. If you've pushed the signal lever past the detent, it says on until you've turned the wheel far enough in that direction and back to reset it. For smaller turns, you just push the lever in the opposite direction to the resistance point to reset.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Lucid's turn signals are "like all the other cars I've driven." I keep reading people saying there's something odd or different about the Air's signals, and I don't see it. They work exactly as I expect turn signals to work.

Yes, the stalks are a bit shorter than some other cars I've driven. And they don't do the BMW / Tesla thing, where you can press down in the same direction as the current signal to turn them off, as an alternative to pushing them in the opposite direction. But to me, that was the outlier behavior compared to other cars I've owned.

While I agree its like other cars here is where Tesla's software is better. With my model S the cameras use the lines to determine if I made a lane change and automatically turn off the signal. The Lucid during a lane change never turns off unless you manually turn it off. With the amount of cameras on this car this is something they could do via a software update and I really hope they do it in the future.

While I agree its like other cars here is where Tesla's software is better. With my model S the cameras use the lines to determine if I made a lane change and automatically turn off the signal. The Lucid during a lane change never turns off unless you manually turn it off. With the amount of cameras on this car this is something they could do via a software update and I really hope they do it in the future.
Tesla literally added that feature two months ago. Give Lucid a little more than a year to put together things that Tesla did after more than decade, maybe?

Tesla literally added that feature two months ago. Give Lucid a little more than a year to put together things that Tesla did after more than decade, maybe?
That is not true. Its been that way since late 2021 on my Model S.

That is not true. Its been that way since late 2021 on my Model S.
I drove a model 3 up until a few weeks ago. That feature was added in January. Here are the release notes to prove it: https://www.notateslaapp.com/software-updates/version/2022.44.30.8/release-notes

I didn't know the S had that feature prior to this. Regardless, there is always going to be a feature here or there that one company does before another. Lucid will get there eventually. Right now, they have much bigger fish to fry. I think we can all suffer through having to turn off a turn signal after a lane change for another year or so.

The Lucid during a lane change never turns off unless you manually turn it off.
Push the lever as usual to signal the lane change but only to the point of resistance, and release. The signal will flash three cycles and stop. This as well as the full turn signal operation will temporarily release automatic lane keeping, if you are using that (e.g. Highway Assist). The difference on the signal modes is that just reaching the detent will reset based on the three cycles, but going past the detent leaves it on until you manually reset or complete a full turn. Former for lane changes, latter for intersection turns.

My issue is not for lane changes but right or left turn by 90 degree. Meaning this issue happens when handle is rotated over 90 degrees and came back to default angle .

My issue is not for lane changes but right or left turn by 90 degree. Meaning this issue happens when handle is rotated over 90 degrees and came back to default angle .
Mine turn off every time I make a turn of that degree.

If this happens frequently you should contact service. It should definitely self-cancel on a 90 degree turn.

Anyone has experienced the directional light doesn’t off after right or left turn?
It doesn’t always happen but seeing this
Issues fairly often. Wonder if anyone else also seen this issue before.
I have certain turns I regularly take where the signal does not cancel (but always canceled with my other cars). Usually works like other cars but some types of turns do seem to trip it up.

Back