Did Rivian outsource wheel production to Toyota?

HC_79

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
AWNJLGKT
1660598979419.jpeg

1660598990572.jpeg

In Rivian’s defense the wheel stayed securely attached to the hub.

It’s just the suspension that had difficulties.

In Rivian’s defense the wheel stayed securely attached to the hub.

It’s just the suspension that had difficulties.
Staff Member "RJ we're out of bolts"
RJ "Just jam it in there, we have delivery numbers to meet"

My PPF guy told me yesterday that he just did a R1T with 23 open tickets. He said that the interior creaked as much as a Tesla. I hope they get this figured out before I get my R1S!

My PPF guy told me yesterday that he just did a R1T with 23 open tickets. He said that the interior creaked as much as a Tesla. I hope they get this figured out before I get my R1S!
I don't know. If they're pumping cars out that quickly and still being plagued with panel gap issues etc. it seems they're taking the Tesla approach of get them out and if anyone complains we will fix after the fact. I suspect the model works well because it's probably only something like 10% or 20% of people complain vs not noticing or just accepting the issues. Means they can just continue to pump em out and only have to deal with a small footprint of customers who will actually complain.

I don't know. If they're pumping cars out that quickly and still being plagued with panel gap issues etc. it seems they're taking the Tesla approach of get them out and if anyone complains we will fix after the fact. I suspect the model works well because it's probably only something like 10% or 20% of people complain vs not noticing or just accepting the issues. Means they can just continue to pump em out and only have to deal with a small footprint of customers who will actually complain.
Atleast they are breaking them in on employees first.

Back