Did anyone get 2.8.12 ?

fadooly

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Mar 26, 2024
Messages
410
Reaction score
474
Location
Saudi, Dammam
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Hi

I just updated my Air GT to 2.8.12 from 2.7.x but I noticed no one talked or received it here

I still has not gotten the time to drive the car and get a feel of it
 
I just updated my Air GT to 2.8.12 from 2.7.x but I noticed no one talked or received it here
I don't remember if I had 2.8.12, but they are releasing 2.8.16 now.

See
 
I got it this morning, it has the following:
  1. Infotainment
  2. AC Charging
  3. Drivetrain
  4. Soft-close doors
  5. Hood Struts
  6. Sapphire

unfortunalty, no hands free driving for KSA market.
 
I am updating 2.8.12 now.

They removed handfree compared to US version.

Hands free to my understanding is not legal here in UAE.

Its definitely taking longer than 2 hours just be warned.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20251207_134026_Lucid.webp
    Screenshot_20251207_134026_Lucid.webp
    72.9 KB · Views: 89
It finished in exactly 2 hours, progress bar runs slowly initially.
It would show battery low for a few minutes before everything goes back to normal.
 
Installed it a few days ago, been great on my Pure AWD. Guess it's only for cars made in Jeddah with the RTE vin code.
 
Installed it a few days ago, been great on my Pure AWD. Guess it's only for cars made in Jeddah with the RTE vin code.
Did you notice any improvement?
 
I took my Air touring in for service last week to the San Jose CA center. They upgrading the firmware to 2.8.12 which they told me was the latest version. Seems very stable. I can confirm full functionality and handsfree works.
 
I took my Air touring in for service last week to the San Jose CA center. They upgrading the firmware to 2.8.12 which they told me was the latest version. Seems very stable. I can confirm full functionality and handsfree works.

...but 2.8.16 is the latest release. Not 2.8.12. Are you sure that's what you were upgraded to?
 
yep. i checked and noted on my service docs.

Interesting. 2.8.16 was released in the US on 11/21/2025, and 2.8.17 is apparently out as of today, 12/8/2025.

Both with the recently favored 'no details' release notes... With this update, we are improving the robustness and general functionality of the vehicle.
 
Back
Top