Delivery Updates on Delivery Date slowdown

I ordered with $1k deposit on Jan 5th and still have no vin.
You reserved a car on 1/5/22 - I'm assuming you did not confirm your order until later. When did you confirm? Some of the people who are getting their VINs/deliveries "out of order" in terms of confirmation date specifically told their DAs they were flexible on color/wheels so they are being offered cars where a cancellation occurred. Why Lucid chose to not offer the car to the person with the earliest confirmation rather than someone saying they are flexible and want the car ASAP is probably just ease of logistics. Just guessing but the DAs may not have a tool that puts a cancelled order back into the delivery stream making it available to oldest confirmed order so each DA just handles their cancelled orders themselves.

Frankly, even with the increased interest rates, I would prefer a car that got it's VIN issued today and went through the enhanced QA manufacturing process and enhanced PDI at the factory rather than one built earlier that went through enhanced PDI at a SC with whatever rework they had to do. Hoping to get my VIN this month but who knows? Apparently, not the DAs.

Back