Delivery Updates on Delivery Date slowdown

thecodingart

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AGT
Referral Code
JWJOWFN3
I figured anyone who might not have received or viewed this email might be curious as to what's happening at the factory right now. It seems there's finally been some form of public communication regarding the delivery delays/issues. Attached below is the email I received this morning. I'm honestly super appreciative of being provided this context and it does help me understand my current order/state and reduces my anxiety a bit.

In speaking with customers awaiting delivery, I understand there is some frustration with the lack of information around delivery status. I am reaching out to explain why your Delivery Advisor has had difficulty providing you with a reliable delivery date.

As we bring Lucid Air to market, we have been managing a variety of challenges, from supplier quality to assembly procedures that require improvement. We have found that certain fit and finish components did not meet the high-quality standards that customers expect from us. Your vehicle is undergoing a thorough review as part of our heightened quality process to ensure we meet your expectations.

Once your car has completed this review, we will work with you to schedule delivery and to complete the transaction. We are targeting the end of June for the completion of all cars currently in this review process. Your Delivery Advisor will provide periodic updates on the status of your car.

I assure you we are doing everything we can to deliver the quality you expect from Lucid. We want to ensure your Air looks as amazing as it performs.

It's good they hashed out an email we wrote ourselves a month ago 🤣

It's good they hashed out an email we wrote ourselves a month ago 🤣
What? Its a great email! It tells us absolutely nothing and is about the same level of detail we have been getting the whole time :)

That is about exactly what I told my DA.

What? Its a great email! It tells us absolutely nothing and is about the same level of detail we have been getting the whole time :)
I'm more appreciative they provided a "goal" on delivery and an explanation in writing. Some form of concrete public communication and ability to measure expectations against a "goal" is better than questioning if they even have a plan/goal or a fire is going on behind the scenes with no plan.

End of June = end of quarter so there could be truth to that email as they will get nailed if delivery numbers don’t show improvement from last quarter.

Peter said they expected things to be better from June onwards so will be very interesting to see if this holds true or on the Q2 earnings call there is a revision in delivery numbers for the year.

You might have known but I don't think we knew to expect the backlog be caught up by 30 Jun.

These cars are not going to be "delivered" by the end of the quarter. They are hoping to have the review process completed. That does not mean they are going to be even shipped out from Casa Grande. I have no idea how they classify "produced". A good financial analyst would push them on both those numbers, produced and sold (delivered).

If they ship them out of Casa Grande, they can say “produced”. I’m sure they will try to get them out of the plant. The question is whether they will have the car transports available.

I figured anyone who might not have received or viewed this email might be curious as to what's happening at the factory right now. It seems there's finally been some form of public communication regarding the delivery delays/issues. Attached below is the email I received this morning. I'm honestly super appreciative of being provided this context and it does help me understand my current order/state and reduces my anxiety a bit.
Much ado about nothing. The delivery uncertainty remains. I have no idea what to expect for a Pure delivery window. 2022? 2023? Same questions remain for me - six months, nine months, a year? am I number ten or ten thousand on the list?

Given this uncertainty with Lucid and delivery delays, lack of communications and no expectation setting, I decided to look at the Cadililac Lyriq as an option. Nice looking, decent specifications. I was interested enough that I thought I would hedge my Lucid frustration by placing a deposit on the Lyriq.

I checked some posts on Lyriq pricing and what the Cadillac dealers are doing. The local “greater” Phoenix dealer told me they wanted $30,000 over the $70,000-ish MSRP!

At least now I have some certainty regarding my EV future. I will NEVER buy a Cadillac nor will I step foot in a Cadillac showroom. This dealer’s greed is so near-sighted. Cadillac’s stand, or lack thereof, on this dealer greed is yet another, self-inflicted disaster for Detroit and its dealer network. (Apart from the hard working and honest Cadillac dealer out of Dallas).

hello, Lucid., anybody home?

Watch Bear’s drone plant videos to see when a bunch of wrapped cars start showing up in the lower lot!

Given we're mid June now wrapped cars need to be showing up on the lower lot NOW in order to get delivered to people by end of June. Unless PDI is now being done at Case Grande with a quick check for damage in transit at the Service Centers there is no way all those cars will make it into owners hands by end of month

Given we're mid June now wrapped cars need to be showing up on the lower lot NOW in order to get delivered to people by end of June. Unless PDI is now being done at Case Grande with a quick check for damage in transit at the Service Centers there is no way all those cars will make it into owners hands by end of month
The way I interpreted that email was not for the cars at the factory but the ones stuck in the service centers?

The way I interpreted that email was not for the cars at the factory but the ones stuck in the service centers?
Hmm. That is possible. Since my car is still at the factory, I had read it as being those. Going back and re-reading it, you may be right. That means an even longer delay for most of us with VINs. I’ll be looking at the drone footage. If you are right, then there won’t be a bolus of cars appearing wrapped in the lower lot.

No, the email said that the inspection would be complete by the end of June. It said nothing about deliveries. Cars with inspections complete at Service Centers might be delivered, but I do not think any of the cars at Casa Grande will reach Service Centers by the end of June. This is consistent with the conversation I had with my DA this afternoon.

I would expect wrapped cars to slowly increase from now until the end of the month, but we will see.

I don't understand how some folks have gotten their cars in the past few weeks especially gray colored ones. Were they not affected by the quality issues plaguing our cars that need further inspection?

I don't understand how some folks have gotten their cars in the past few weeks especially gray colored ones. Were they not affected by the quality issues plaguing our cars that need further inspection?
Pretty sure they were the ones that got stuck in the service centers doing that enhanced PDI.

I think they will hold deliveries of these cars, even if they are ready now, until July. Their 2nd Quarter numbers are already blown. The CFO will tell them to take the PR hit for the 2nd Quarter and show that everything is "fixed" in July by showing a marked increase in shipments. Its an age old tactic and probably makes sense for the investors but not for their customers. They are banking that the euphoria of finally getting their cars will quell the howling of the unhappy customers. As for me, I paid for my lucid in April. Their post delivery customer service will have to be out of this world to erase the bad taste in my mouth.

Their post delivery customer service will have to be out of this world to erase the bad taste in my mouth.
agree. Not at all happy with the delays and of communication and information. Since they are taking 8 months in a 2-4 month guidance. The car better damn well be perfect and they better bend over backwards to make sure it is.

agree. Not at all happy with the delays and of communication and information. Since they are taking 8 months in a 2-4 month guidance. The car better damn well be perfect and they better bend over backwards to make sure it is.
It ain't gonna be perfect so if that's your expectation...

Back