Delivery GT

Has Lucid completed the registration on your car?

I don't understand why they have so much trouble registering cars in Massachusetts. If they have an agent in the state walk the papers to the registry, it should be done in an hour, not multiple weeks. Since I was transferring plates from my old car, I signed the waiver for Lucid to release the car without registration. Put the plates on, carrying the registration for my old car, a copy of the application for new registration, and a printout of the law that says you get a grace period when you transfer plates. I'm wondering how long it will take the actual registration to show up now.
Lucid in California registers the car. That’s why we have to wait for the registration and plates. Frustrating for sure.
Massachusetts rules for out of state new car company.

Lucid in California registers the car. That’s why we have to wait for the registration and plates. Frustrating for sure.
Back in 1985 I was taking an executive course at a University and one of the problems for the class was how to fix the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles. Apparently it still hasn't worked.

The Massachusetts registry is much better now than it was in the 1980s. Many things can be done online, wait times at their offices are much shorter. I think this is Lucid's problem, as I could walk the registration through if they would send the certificate of origin. Since one of the documents I had to send Lucid was a limited power-of-attorney to represent me at the RMV, I figured they did have a local agent handling these papers. But maybe they are trying to do it by mail, which isn't one of the ways that the RMV does business.

Had this same problem a month ago. Took 18 days from them dropping off the car until the plates arrived. They do use a contract service (in New Hampshire!) to walk the registration through the RMV. You can log onto the MA registry website and click ”access my profile “ to see if the car is registered yet, even find out the plate number. But then it took another 5 days for my “overnight“ FedEx envelope to arrive. Super frustrating. Why doesn’t the courier just stop by my house on the way back from registry?

I told them for future MA owners they should just send the MCO with the sale documents (since you’ve already paid), and let you go to the registry before the car arrives. Would save this dumb 2 to 3 week plate lag.

Back