DDPro and Autonomous driving

Truthlesshunter

Active Member

Joined
Oct 27, 2025
Messages
204
Reaction score
156
Cars
AirGT-718S-Lightning
This isn't really an important post...but I wasn't following lucid as closely as a fair amount of users were from the very beginning. I've seen a few people mention how Lucid hasn't delivered on the details and features of dreamdrive pro and it should be more "robust" (hehe) than it is....then I see people post videos and references to materials stating how they were incorrect and didn't deliver.

I just want to add I've found one that's still there now!


Directly from their site:

Is DreamDrive Pro the same as Tesla Autopilot?​


No, they are not the same. While our DreamDrive Pro option has similar hardware to that on the most advanced Teslas, and then some, we do not currently offer autonomous driving. But vehicles equipped with DreamDrive Pro will have that functionality in the future.


I would assume they'd want to add some caveat to that because we know that our Lucid Airs with DreamDrive Pro will not get autonomous driving. Unless we can save this for a failed promise in the future ;)
 
This isn't really an important post...but I wasn't following lucid as closely as a fair amount of users were from the very beginning. I've seen a few people mention how Lucid hasn't delivered on the details and features of dreamdrive pro and it should be more "robust" (hehe) than it is....then I see people post videos and references to materials stating how they were incorrect and didn't deliver.

I just want to add I've found one that's still there now!


Directly from their site:



I would assume they'd want to add some caveat to that because we know that our Lucid Airs with DreamDrive Pro will not get autonomous driving. Unless we can save this for a failed promise in the future ;)
 
This isn't really an important post...but I wasn't following lucid as closely as a fair amount of users were from the very beginning. I've seen a few people mention how Lucid hasn't delivered on the details and features of dreamdrive pro and it should be more "robust" (hehe) than it is....then I see people post videos and references to materials stating how they were incorrect and didn't deliver.

I just want to add I've found one that's still there now!


Directly from their site:



I would assume they'd want to add some caveat to that because we know that our Lucid Airs with DreamDrive Pro will not get autonomous driving. Unless we can save this for a failed promise in the future ;)
What's in there that you are questioning? I'm pretty sure the cars are currently able to do everything it says they can do. Regarding future capabilities, isn't that tied to the cccv2 upgrade?
 
What's in there that you are questioning? I'm pretty sure the cars are currently able to do everything it says they can do. Regarding future capabilities, isn't that tied to the cccv2 upgrade?
The cccv2 upgrade improves infotainment and display speed but is not part of the ADAS hardware. I doubt any ADAS features are dependent on the cccv2 upgrade.
 
I hate to be morbid, but sometimes I use Google maps to revisit the scene. In this case, the article description was detailed enough to reconstruct the path.

I am going to guess operator error. This is a gentle curve and not the slightest bit challenging to FSD. My best guess is the 87 y.o. man was bumped out of FSD and the car just made a straight line path, sadly.

Purely speculative on my part.

Farther.webp
Closer.webp
 
This isn't really an important post...but I wasn't following lucid as closely as a fair amount of users were from the very beginning. I've seen a few people mention how Lucid hasn't delivered on the details and features of dreamdrive pro and it should be more "robust" (hehe) than it is....then I see people post videos and references to materials stating how they were incorrect and didn't deliver.

I just want to add I've found one that's still there now!


Directly from their site:



I would assume they'd want to add some caveat to that because we know that our Lucid Airs with DreamDrive Pro will not get autonomous driving. Unless we can save this for a failed promise in the future ;)
This is why I opted for a lease to start out. See if the company survives and then can deliver on autonomy. EV tech is changing so fast. I figure if all looks good in 3 years, then I can buy.
 
This is why I opted for a lease to start out. See if the company survives and then can deliver on autonomy. EV tech is changing so fast. I figure if all looks good in 3 years, then I can buy.
That is exactly the same logic that I used to lease my Polestar 2. Now that my lease is ending, I will buy a used Air.
 
What's in there that you are questioning? I'm pretty sure the cars are currently able to do everything it says they can do. Regarding future capabilities, isn't that tied to the cccv2 upgrade?
as @Adnillien said, cccv2 does not touch ADAS. And autonomous is more than just hands-free.

I'm fine with how things are right now. That doesn't mean that they didn't overpromise. I want Lucid to do well, I love driving the car (or even *not* driving it when DDPro works). I just want companies to be honest, that's all.

Maybe my fault after having a few porsches and they underpromise and overdeliver. That should be the standard.
 
Back
Top