DD Premium Vs DD Pro?

CWedge411

Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air GT
Just got a ‘24 GT with DD Prem, will that be able to do Hands free when it comes out or did I need to get DDPro? And is Prem, upgradable to Pro? Or is hardware needed?

You need DDPro for the hands free driving. Additional hardware is needed so it is unlikely that you can upgrade.

Thanks, Not sure why they are making GTs with only DDpremium, seems like a waste.

Thanks, Not sure why they are making GTs with only DDpremium, seems like a waste.
Well they make GTs with DDPro if you pay for it! 🤣
But seriously, I'm not sure what hardware is required that DDPremium doesn't have. Although, I believe Adnillien, it may be worth it to log into your Lucid account and see what upgrades are available for your car.

But seriously, I'm not sure what hardware is required that DDPremium doesn't have. Although, I believe Adnillien, it may be worth it to log into your Lucid account and see what upgrades are available for your car.
Premium doesn't have LIDAR, and I believe has a few fewer cameras though not sure which. Unclear if there are any internal hardware differences.

Premium doesn’t have LIDAR. I have premium and I confirmed I don’t have LIDAR. Earlier models used to ship with all the hardware and you can enable features as an upgrade I believe. Newer ones doesn’t ship hardwarwe unless specifically included. I am assuming cost control measures to avoid shipping hardware for unordered features.

Sorry CWedge411, looks like you areIMHO.

Although at this point, AC (adaptive cruise) and 360 cameras at a better price point, is a better value than DDPro, given the current state of HA - imho.

Sorry CWedge411, looks like you areIMHO.

Although at this point, AC (adaptive cruise) and 360 cameras at a better price point, is a better value than DDPro, given the current state of HA - imho.
Oh well,

I looked it's a $2500 option and I'm at $130k, so $2.5k isn't going to break the bank at that point lol. Although I did see on twitter, they are hoping for Hands free by end of year....but who knows.

Ya it's a $2.5k difference on a $130k car, isn't going to break the bank lol. I just dont see anyone looking at this car saying "Oh this $132k car is Waaay to much, if it were only $130K, I would buy it " lol But maybe I'm wrong. lol

You need DDPro for the hands free driving. Additional hardware is needed so it is unlikely that you can upgrade.

Appreciate the response....I guess I'll be sad. Every other vehicle at this price point has it, so idk what they are thinking lol..

Back