DD, HA doesn't turn on when on the freeway.

DanHi

Cars
2023 Air Pure
I have plain DD (nor premium or pro) and while I can get adaptive cruise control working, when it's enabled, and I'm on the freeway, no matter how long I hold down the DD button, HA never comes on. At least I don't think it does. Is the Adaptive Cruise Control message supposed to change when HA is active? (I am totally underwhelmed at the manual for this car, I've learned more from reading the forum than from the manual). Is there any message if it's just that the road doesn't support it? This is the loop freeway around Phoenix, so I don't know why it wouldn't be, but ...

I have plain DD (nor premium or pro) and while I can get adaptive cruise control working, when it's enabled, and I'm on the freeway, no matter how long I hold down the DD button, HA never comes on. At least I don't think it does. Is the Adaptive Cruise Control message supposed to change when HA is active? (I am totally underwhelmed at the manual for this car, I've learned more from reading the forum than from the manual). Is there any message if it's just that the road doesn't support it? This is the loop freeway around Phoenix, so I don't know why it wouldn't be, but ...
Plain DD does not have HA, that is why you are not getting it to come up. In Phoenix both the 101 and 202 loops are mapped for HA and it works in cars with DDPro.

Then why does the manual that came with my car say, "press and hold the button to switch between adaptive cruise control and highway assist"?

Then why does the manual that came with my car say, "press and hold the button to switch between adaptive cruise control and highway assist"?
Because like most user manuals it is written for the entire line, not your particular configuration. It would be reasonable, though, to throw in the usual disclaimers like "this section applies only if you have package XYZ."

Well, it's not quite that. I had downloaded a PDF of the manual, which does appear to be for all versions of DreamDrive, but I had gone to the one in my car to look this up. And while it did have the section I quoted, it didn't have the section on Highway Assist, that is in the PDF version. If I had dug a little deeper ... But it's not something that I'm going to miss, just glad my Lucid was supposed to have it but it wasn't working.

Back