Creaking steering wheel losing a cruise control/volume rocker button

iceb0urne

New Member

Joined
Aug 15, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Cars
2024 Air Touring
'24 AT. My steering wheel "creaks" when being handled (those of you who have/had this issue know exactly what I'm talking about); literally the only thing in the cabin making any noise, so it is noticeable and annoying. I also had the volume rocker button on the right side of the wheel pop off while using it recently. I was able to "fix" the button with a careful reseat and a little bit of superglue (it feels more solid now than it did before it broke 😆)

Anyway, I know I'm not the only one who's had these issues; two questions: 1) has anyone who's had a creaking steering wheel had it replaced and successfully fix the creaking sound? 2) Are these issues still present on newer models ('25+)?

(I wasn't willing to buy a new steering for the broken button but I'd consider a new steering wheel that doesn't creak when being handled :rolleyes:)
 
I think others have had the broken steering wheel button covered under warranty. From what I recall the button has been redesigned to make it less fragile. You should really talk to service about both issues.
 
Back
Top