Cost for Mobile Service to replace a tire? $280 in Labor?

tmilone103

Verified Owner
First tire I had to get replaced Lucid Charged me $90 in labor to replace a tire. The 2nd one Lucid just billed me $280 in Labor? Are these guys mad? I just ordered a spare and will will repair my own tires and not reply on their crappy mobile service and crappy roadside assistance. This labor charge seems crazy for 30 mins of work replacing a tire.

First tire I had to get replaced Lucid Charged me $90 in labor to replace a tire. The 2nd one Lucid just billed me $280 in Labor? Are these guys mad? I just ordered a spare and will will repair my own tires and not reply on their crappy mobile service and crappy roadside assistance. This labor charge seems crazy for 30 mins of work replacing a tire.
Do you have the work order? Can you share it?

Do you have the work order? Can you share it?
Bill they sent does not say much:

Items Quantity Price Amount
cLabor 1 $280.00 $280.00
cParts 1 $425.00 $425.00
Subtotal $705.00
Mechanicsville, VA 23111 $25.50
Total Due $730.50

I mean, they did have 1 or 2 guys in a van with a mounting and balancing machine in the back come to your home directly. Not sure how far you are away from the service center, but this has to be at least 1-2 hours of the mobile service guy's time. As mentioned, it's best to get the temp spare (AAA or Lucid Roadside assistance should be able to change it for you for no cost) as well as the tire insurance from Americas/Discount tire.

Bill they sent does not say much:

Items Quantity Price Amount
cLabor 1 $280.00 $280.00
cParts 1 $425.00 $425.00
Subtotal $705.00
Mechanicsville, VA 23111 $25.50
Total Due $730.50
Ouch, bit excessive.
If i remember correctly, last time they charged me around $470 total.
I'd ask for a detailed breakdown of the invoice.

I mean, they did have 1 or 2 guys in a van with a mounting and balancing machine in the back come to your home directly. Not sure how far you are away from the service center, but this has to be at least 1-2 hours of the mobile service guy's time. As mentioned, it's best to get the temp spare (AAA or Lucid Roadside assistance should be able to change it for you for no cost) as well as the tire insurance from Americas/Discount tire.
There was only one guy in the Lucid van. He had the tire balancer in the Van and process to swap the tire look around 1/2 hour. I waited 2 1/2 hours on the side of the highway for Lucid Roadside assistance on saturday and after waiting so long a police officer called a local company to get me off the side of the highway. I am also trying to get reimbursed for that and they tell me it might take around a month to get a check for the tow. I did purchase a spare after this event and I will change my own tire next time I get a flat and I am sure it will be sooner than later with these defective Pirelli Tires.

Did you have spare or did the bring a new tire?

Last time Lucid informed me about labor costs, it was < $200/hr.

These rates are more than Porsche. Not cool..

Your thread is about an emegency dispatch. I wonder if there is an upcharge for that; should be unless its a warranty thing, IMHO.

I just got "the bubble" (a month ago) & reached out to Pirelli, then to Lucid, then to America's Tires and back to Lucid. Pirelli (with Lucid's urging) is giving me a "good will" tire that I'm paying for labor/tax. Happening tomorrow so should have back on Friday and more details to post.

Cheaper to tow and get a local shop to do the tire. Guys at DiscountTire charge ridiculously low prices. $20-25 a tire in Huntsville, AL.

Back