Continue following road....

Mcoto

On the navigation does everyone get a reminder to "continue following the road" every 5mi/minutes. I do a lot of rural driving and it's quite annoying when there is literally only one road.

It also distracts me from actual directions.

Rant over
M

I have the nav sound turned off at all times. So I'm not sure if that's normal

I experienced such annoying "continue following the road" or "continue follow the highway" several times when I was driving up to Lake Tahoe.

On the navigation does everyone get a reminder to "continue following the road" every 5mi/minutes. I do a lot of rural driving and it's quite annoying when there is literally only one road.

It also distracts me from actual directions.

Rant over
M
I had this happen several times on trip to Eastern Nebraska from Colorado a couple weeks ago. A few times I would respond, where else am I supposed to go HILLARY?

No, it helps my ADHD...otherwise I might head out across the field when i see a shortcut to my destination. It would be nice were it to have a bit of personality:

relevant reference for the Boomers:

Last edited:
While driving through a small town in central California, our Lucid said "follow the road" several times per minute. I asked my wife if maybe we should drive through some people's front yards instead. She said no. Missed opportunity.

I don’t know how you all deal with the car talking to you with these navigation commands. Put that on silent day one and never looked back.

The irony is that if you are on the phone it mutes the directions. I was talking to the wife while driving yesterday and missed my turn off. Added 20 minutes to my trip.

I don’t know how you all deal with the car talking to you with these navigation commands. Put that on silent day one and never looked back.
The wife insists on using her i-Jobs phone for directions and that Ways thing, even though it has lots of dead areas, especially in Manhattan. I find the Lucid nav to be pretty flawless, and love the real time traffic yellow and red on the map. Have not synced her apple phone to the car yet. I am retired from the science business, am a life-long PC / Android user. Apple makes no sense to me.

That said, it's good to know there is some way to make it shut up, and still listen to podcasts / Atmos. How? Where? Are you folk gonna make me read the manual? Sheesh.

When in the navigation tab on the binacle there is a circular speaker icon in the lower right corner. Touch it and it mutes the navigation.

You can also set the navigation volume to zero in the settings.

Back