Comparing 3 very different EVs

martinjlm

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jan 2, 2026
Messages
419
Reaction score
655
Location
Detroit, Michigan
Cars
2023 Air GT (White)
We temporarily have (3) electric vehicles in our household. In the near future the lease on the Equinox EV will run out and it will be returned to the Chevrolet dealer. The other two are owned. In the meantime I thought it might be an interesting exercise to compare all of them along the lines of what I think is important in a vehicle, including some EV specific items. So the following chart is what I came up with when comparing capabilities and features. I used straight conditional formatting for measurable issues so it's just straight up best (green) to "worst" (red) even though red does not always mean it's bad or a deal-breaker. Just that a feature is not available or that a capability is there but not as good as the other two vehicles. It also doesn't accurately account for degree of "goodness" or "badness". For example...819 hp compared to 213 hp is other-worldly. On the other hand, 360 Camera Y vs N is "meh" and part of the reason 360 Camera is way down the list. Nice to have but if I don't, no worries. So...here's the list. Biggest surprise is that EQEV is larger than Model Y in every dimension, but viewing the two sitting in my driveway, the Model Y always looks bigger to me. Vehicles are in the order we received them.

1770313917738.webp
 
Chart is missing but car looks nice!
 
Chart is missing but car looks nice!
That's actually not my car. No clue how that happened, but I've fixed it. This is my car...

LAGT frt dd.webp
 
Very interesting comparison. Shows the Equinox as a good value if you buy it new, but the Air is an even better one if you are willing to go for a used one
 
I disagree with your cargo capacity for the Lucid. I believe total CF is 74.8 including frunk, trunk & rear seats folded. We run North & South from MA to FL each winter & the Lucid we owned (Now totaled) carried almost as much as our Highlander's 84.3 cf.
 
A very interesting chart. I would quibble with the color coding regarding dimensions. Some folks, like me, prefer a smaller vehicle so a smaller length would be green on my chart. But, then again, I am in a weird and small cohort in that regard.
 
Very cool comparison - boy, if you add in a depreciation line item, Lucid would be so red…..the others depreciate a lot too but that is a stunning drop.
 
Very cool comparison - boy, if you add in a depreciation line item, Lucid would be so red…..the others depreciate a lot too but that is a stunning drop.
Without a doubt. I stumbled upon the one I have because I was trying to decide what would replace the EQEV when we turned it in. I was thinking Optiq V-Series (mid $70s) or Blazer EV SS (low $70s) and then for $#!ts and giggles looked at prices for used Plaid. Mid-60s 😲

Then, because my former office is two floors above Lucid's Michigan offices and I got used to seeing them in the garage I started checking those prices too and voila! I'm on Team Lucid now.
 
I disagree with your cargo capacity for the Lucid. I believe total CF is 74.8 including frunk, trunk & rear seats folded. We run North & South from MA to FL each winter & the Lucid we owned (Now totaled) carried almost as much as our Highlander's 84.3 cf.
Oddly enough I struggled with that one too. I prefer vehicles that are smaller and tossable. I would never own a pickup truck or an Escalade. Too big for my taste and I would not use most of the capabilities. But on the other hand, I do carry bikes a lot and the Model Y is excellent in that regard because I can either attach a bike mount to the trailer hitch or even take off the front tire and slide the bike into the hatch. I might be able to slide a bike into the AGT if I put the seats down and remove the trunk lid. Haven't tried it yet but Certainly will be trying it.

If it doesn't work I'll have to rely on wrestling the Tesla away from my wife or go back to my tried and true method for hauling my bikes...

IMG_1513.webp
 
Last edited:
... I do carry bikes a lot and the Model Y is excellent in that regard because I can either attach a bike mount to the trailer hitch or even take off the front tire and slide the bike into the hatch. I might be able to slide a bike into the AGT if I put the seats down and remove the trunk lid. Haven't tried it yet but Certainly will be trying it. ...
With the rear seats both folded down (Air GT) my single bike slides in thru the trunk (front wheel off) trivially... indeed, our tandem bike also slides in with only an extra 1 minute of effort (front wheel off, captain's seat post out (which takes the stoker's handlebars with it)).
 
Had my first day driving the AGT in above freezing temps. What a difference! Where I had been seeing 2.4 - 2.8 m/kWh, today I achieved 5.13 m/kWh in 55.3 miles of combined driving. If that's what I have to look forward to in spring and summer I will be a very happy customer.
 
Back
Top