Coming back to Lucid

creair

DE Number
I totalled my lucid last August and ended up replacing it with a 760 since it suited my needs at the time a lot better ( Chauffeur Driven) and has excellent driving assist tech. I miss the Lucid Driving Dynamics and another trade in situation has arrived. I have a 2018 740 that I am considering trading in for the Lucid Air Grand Touring since 740 sits in the Garage majority of the time and i already have 2 Chauffeur Vehicles now so want something for self driven excitement. I Needed assistance on some questions-
1. How is the software now since last August?
2. Has any update been made to dream drive Pro?
3. Android Auto - Is it coming anytime soon?

Thank you!

An early welcome back then!

1. Software is better but still has some minor glitches
2. No real updates to DD pro
3. Not yet known. So, don't count on it anytime soon.

I totalled my lucid last August and ended up replacing it with a 760 since it suited my needs at the time a lot better ( Chauffeur Driven) and has excellent driving assist tech. I miss the Lucid Driving Dynamics and another trade in situation has arrived. I have a 2018 740 that I am considering trading in for the Lucid Air Grand Touring since 740 sits in the Garage majority of the time and i already have 2 Chauffeur Vehicles now so want something for self driven excitement. I Needed assistance on some questions-

Thank you!
Where are you located? For fun are you talking track or twisties or straightaways? Does budget matter? If you are looking for some driving fun, why does DD Pro matter?

Where are you located? For fun are you talking track or twisties or straightaways? Does budget matter? If you are looking for some driving fun, why does DD Pro matter?
Atlanta, driving Lucid is a pleasure in itself, I don't take it to tracks just the regular driving around town. The way lucid is bottom heavy allowing for that perfect handling is what I love and the sharp steering. Also it needs to be atleast a 5 seater so lucid is the only option in that category other than the M5 but M5 is not really my cup of tea.

The DD Pro is important as it really reduces driver fatigue and adds another layer of safety for the odd times you get distracted while driving as i am always not doing spirited driving

1. Software is better but still has some minor glitches
2. No real updates to DD pro
3. Not yet known. So, don't count on it anytime soon.

Better since last August? Sounds optimistic...I got my car in December and I don't think the software has changed much at all since then. Some bug fixes, but some bug regressions too. It still has all the major flaws that people complain about with 2.0. Laggy, slow profile switching, can't use homelink in reverse, etc...

Atlanta, driving Lucid is a pleasure in itself, I don't take it to tracks just the regular driving around town. The way lucid is bottom heavy allowing for that perfect handling is what I love and the sharp steering. Also it needs to be atleast a 5 seater so lucid is the only option in that category other than the M5 but M5 is not really my cup of tea.

The DD Pro is important as it really reduces driver fatigue and adds another layer of safety for the odd times you get distracted while driving as i am always not doing spirited driving

You sound like you're sold on the Lucid. You should do it if you love the way the car drives and the current DD Pro feature set. Nothing imo has changed since August, but the 2024 GT has gotten faster charging and cell chemistry from the GT-P if that's interesting to you. I haven't seen any reviews yet, but should be noticeable improvement

Thank you!

I'm a little confused. You say you miss the Lucid driving dynamics but now want "something for self driven excitement." If you are chauffeur-driven due to driving limitations and are looking for a car that will drive itself, then the Lucid at this stage is probably not for you. Unfortunately, I don't know of any car right now that is capable of self-driving to the point of replacing a chauffeur.

I'm a little confused. You say you miss the Lucid driving dynamics but now want "something for self driven excitement." If you are chauffeur-driven due to driving limitations and are looking for a car that will drive itself, then the Lucid at this stage is probably not for you. Unfortunately, I don't know of any car right now that is capable of self-driving to the point of replacing a chauffeur.
Maybe he meant that he now wants a car that he can drive himself, with good driving dynamics?

Maybe he meant that he now wants a car that he can drive himself, with good driving dynamics?

Yeah, that makes sense. It's cloudy down here today . . . and I apparently along with the weather.

Thank you!
Android Auto is expected to roll out this fall:

Who is Nick Twork?
New Head of Communications at Lucid.

1719415895925.png

Thank you!
1. Better but still has bugs.
2. Nothing major
3. Supposed to here this fall.

But of course, there still isn't really a good place to store your Grey Poupon.

Back