Color Change

BradSholl

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, R1S, M3
So, my original order was for a silver AGT, Mojave interior, 19” wheels. My DA found a white AGT, otherwise identical configuration.

My wife was very set on silver. If she hates the way the white looks, is it possible to wrap it silver and how long will the wrap hold up? We don’t plan on getting rid of the car anytime soon.

So, my original order was for a silver AGT, Mojave interior, 19” wheels. My DA found a white AGT, otherwise identical configuration.

My wife was very set on silver. If she hates the way the white looks, is it possible to wrap it silver and how long will the wrap hold up? We don’t plan on getting rid of the car anytime soon.

TLDR: 5-7 years

#1 Q4 delivery is not guaranteed and I think the tax credit is still on the table if I take delivery this year.
#2 We need another car capable of bad weather driving by at least Nov.
#3 We sold our A8 and my wife is pissed at having to drive my Yukon and refuses to drive the M3 (stick)

1) Did you VIN get assigned yet? If not it's high risk the car would not make it by Nov

2) Double check your qualification for the tax credit and also price for getting the car wrapped. If you're guaranteed the tax credit with the white AGT vs uncertain on the silver... $7500>>cost of wrap

3) Wrapping may look better because the platinum top trims doesnt match the silver paint anyways. Perhaps your wife would prefer a color that isnt offered by Lucid.

1) Did you VIN get assigned yet? If not it's high risk the car would not make it by Nov

2) Double check your qualification for the tax credit and also price for getting the car wrapped. If you're guaranteed the tax credit with the white AGT vs uncertain on the silver... $7500>>cost of wrap

3) Wrapping may look better because the platinum top trims doesnt match the silver paint anyways. Perhaps your wife would prefer a color that isnt offered by Lucid.
No VIN yet, but according to the DA it shouldn't be long as the car is already in production (yea, I know...the check's in the mail, etc.) Talked to my accountant and it seems likely I can qualify this particular year. She may be ok with white in person, but the only studio within 3 hours of us didn't have one to evaluate. Just wanted the option of wrapping it if needed for WAF (wife acceptance factor).

Ah you already sent payment / finance for the AGT before Aug 16? If you did then you should be qualified for either AGT.

I've seen both the silver and white in person. The white is similar to the usual white Teslas although the color mismatch between the white body and platinum top trims bothers me a bit. The sales agent told me that the production silver would match the platinum better than the production silver car shows. I'm waiting for pictures and may switch to silver. The silver has a more luxurious look to it than the white.

Ah you already sent payment / finance for the AGT before Aug 16? If you did then you should be qualified for either AGT.

I've seen both the silver and white in person. The white is similar to the usual white Teslas although the color mismatch between the white body and platinum top trims bothers me a bit. The sales agent told me that the production silver would match the platinum better than the production silver car shows. I'm waiting for pictures and may switch to silver. The silver has a more luxurious look to it than the white.
Where did you see a silver one? I'm still hanging in there hoping silver will make an appearance soon.

Where did you see a silver one? I'm still hanging in there hoping silver will make an appearance soon.
In New York. They said theyre the only studio with silver so was kinda funny to see it because it's the same car I usually see from pictures posted here. Here's some shots I took. Studio lights are warm yellow. It should look nicer on day light

Attachments

• 20220625_183750.jpg
    20220625_183750.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 152
  • 20220625_183745.jpg
    20220625_183745.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 143
  • 20220625_183633.jpg
    20220625_183633.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 144
If you zoom in on the rear image I have you will notice this glittery shiny silver which is more pronounced in person vs typical photos.

Back