Chicago In The Wild

Roughly six months after the Air's release, here's my first sighting of one in the wild just north of Chicago. I saw it coming from a few blocks away and had time to pick up my phone and grab a shot.

I've seen plenty of Teslas, a few Mustang Mach-Es, and saw my first Polestar 2 last week so seeing this Air was overdue. Strangely, still have not seen a Rivian and they're made just a few hours away.

66445F81-4EEA-43C7-8F9D-9169D5CE658C_1_201_a.jpeg

Nice. I’m in New York and surprisingly still haven’t seen a Lucid or Rivian.
I've seen a few VW ID.4 too. Yea, I have been surpirsed too. Was begining to think the Lucid Air was a hoax or they were seriously behind on the production goals. But they again, the market is much smaller for $140,000+ cars.

Nice! I still haven't seen one since I got mine, though I used to quite often.

Mach-E had a local delivery here recently. I saw a trailer full of them in town the day after I saw about a dozen on the roads. There were so many it was quite noticeable. I kept saying "and there's another one!".

I spotted one too!

Starting to see them around.

I am in north Dallas area and took delivery of my "dream" about 2 weeks ago. I now know that when I go out and about "in the wild", I need to plan an extra 15 mintues at every stop because there is always someone that wants to come marvel at the car. She is a beauty!

Its nice to be special, but at times can be disconcerting. Had two guys last week drive by taking videos and pictures while we were still in the car. He pulled into a parking place about 5 slots down from where we were parking and never exited his vehicle. My husband stayed in the car while I went in. After a while, the two fellas gave up and left. Hmmmmm.

I am in north Dallas area and took delivery of my "dream" about 2 weeks ago. I now know that when I go out and about "in the wild", I need to plan an extra 15 mintues at every stop because there is always someone that wants to come marvel at the car. She is a beauty!

Its nice to be special, but at times can be disconcerting. Had two guys last week drive by taking videos and pictures while we were still in the car. He pulled into a parking place about 5 slots down from where we were parking and never exited his vehicle. My husband stayed in the car while I went in. After a while, the two fellas gave up and left. Hmmmmm.
If you dislike attention, then this is NOT the car for you!

I think it was similar when the Model S first came out. In a year or two people won't be so hyped up about the Air.
I'm sure that will happen over time as they become more common.

I've got to be honest--not loving the white. Maybe it's better in person.

I've got to be honest--not loving the white. Maybe it's better in person.
I am not a fan of white cars, but it is actually quite beautiful in person. It is my second favorite color. White is the color I most often see around here and every time it turns my head.

I am not a fan of white cars, but it is actually quite beautiful in person. It is my second favorite color. White is the color I most often see around here and every time it turns my head.
We have a tone of cheap (model 3) white Tesla’s around here. They look the same as every other white car. So many of them since that was the color without paying an up charge.

We have a tone of cheap (model 3) white Tesla’s around here. They look the same as every other white car. So many of them since that was the color without paying an up charge.

Sounds like a good color to choose to prevent people from coming up to your car constantly.

Well, Californians do seem to prefer white cars. Especially in San Diego. White cars everywhere. It drives me slightly mad. It is a running joke in our family, counting the number of white cars surrounding us at a stop light. But it just goes to show you how pretty the white Lucid is that I actually like it. One of the reasons I have an old Tesla and would never get a new one is because I have a green one. I've only ever seen two others. Any other color and I'd never know which car is mine. Though, tbh, I may end up having that issue with the red GT.

When there’s no snow to get your car dirty, there’s no worries.

Roughly six months after the Air's release, here's my first sighting of one in the wild just north of Chicago. I saw it coming from a few blocks away and had time to pick up my phone and grab a shot.

I've seen plenty of Teslas, a few Mustang Mach-Es, and saw my first Polestar 2 last week so seeing this Air was overdue. Strangely, still have not seen a Rivian and they're made just a few hours away.

View attachment 1815
Sunset Ridge and Skokie! That's on my beat, but haven't seen that car. Did see a Rivian on SSR a few days ago tho

Funny. Here in the Midwest I see a ton of gray cars. Saw 5 in a row on the highway today! There are a lot of white and black as well.

Everything is shades of black and white.

Funny. Here in the Midwest I see a ton of gray cars. Saw 5 in a row on the highway today! There are a lot of white and black as well.

Everything is shades of black and white.
Yes! CA is the same. It does make it easier to spot my own car. I wish the Lucid had more color options, though the red is lovely.

Back