• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Charging Entertainment

travelermark

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Curious what people do while on the road and waiting for the car to finish charging, assuming you’re waiting in the car. Typically I’ve pulled out the iPad when waiting for an electric car to finish and read or watch a show. The Teslas I’ve driven of course stream from different video providers but Lucid doesn’t have the same option, at least not yet.

I just spend the time checking the health of the next charger on Plugshare and EA's app, figuring out how much charge I need to add to get there, and maybe catch up on a few emails.

Curious what people do while on the road and waiting for the car to finish charging, assuming you’re waiting in the car. Typically I’ve pulled out the iPad when waiting for an electric car to finish and read or watch a show. The Teslas I’ve driven of course stream from different video providers but Lucid doesn’t have the same option, at least not yet.
I’m strongly considering getting a CarlinKit for this purpose

The AI suggests the following ….

There are many things you can do while waiting for your electric car to charge. You can run an errand while your car charges if the charger is conveniently located in the parking lots of local businesses, grocery stores, or shopping centers³. You can grab a coffee, take a walk, go to the gym, catch up on work or emails³. You can also switch to an L2 charger once you've hit an 80% charge².

It's important to be courteous when using public charging stations. If you're not charging, don't block the charger¹. Leave the charging station as nice as you found it (or better)¹. Don't unplug another car¹. Consider leaving a note on your own car¹. Ask before plugging into someone's private outlet¹.

Back