Charger installed, flashes orange

rchandra

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
Hi all,
My charger was installed. Now flashes orange. I was able to connect to its Wi-Fi, and then (I think) connect it to my home Wi-Fi. Hours later, it is still flashing orange. I do not have a vehicle yet. Do I need to connect HCS to the Lucid Cloud for it to truly be online (and the LED changes to White Solid 10% for standby mode)? I was expecting it to update and do this, but it didn't. I don't think I can connect to Lucid Cloud before I have my vehicle.

Hi all,
My charger was installed. Now flashes orange. I was able to connect to its Wi-Fi, and then (I think) connect it to my home Wi-Fi. Hours later, it is still flashing orange. I do not have a vehicle yet. Do I need to connect HCS to the Lucid Cloud for it to truly be online (and the LED changes to White Solid 10% for standby mode)? I was expecting it to update and do this, but it didn't. I don't think I can connect to Lucid Cloud before I have my vehicle.
How long has it been flashing orange and at what intensity?
Screenshot_20230419_073600_Drive.jpg

I think it's 10%. For many hours. I finally turned off the breaker after about 6 hours of this.

I think it's 10%. For many hours. I finally turned off the breaker after about 6 hours of this.
I believe @SaratogaLefty had a similar issue
I forget what he did to get it fixed maybe he can chime in here.

Hi,

I initially had the Home Connected Charger installed in December ahead of my car delivery. Lucid ended up having to ship 4 chargers in total. The first 3 glowed Orange after booting up. From my understanding it's a bad board and the only fix is to get a new unit that doesn't have the bad board. Apparently Lucid didn't know which units they had in stock had good boards and bad boards, which is why I had 3 bad units. Once the head of the Lucid team for the charging station got involved he finally verified the 4th one that was shipped didn't have the issue. Once installed, it finally glows white and blinks white when the car is charging.

I would mention even with the first 3 units, they had no issues charging the car - The Charger would be Orange, but once plugged into the Lucid it would flash white and charge the car just fine. I never did get clarity as to what the ill effects of having a unit with a bad board glowing Orange are. I'm guessing maybe Lucid didn't have the ability of communicating to it or possibly once the software is updated to enable powering the house, that function would not work with the bad board... Just guessing, but regardless, if it is Orange it needs to be replaced.

This is indeed my second HCS. The first one didn't light up at all. Is there any chance that it can't update the firmware until I get my vehicle and can connect to the Lucid Cloud?

You don’t need the car. Will just have to get the charger replaced.

You may need a VIN # to activate and use the Lucid Cloud, I can't quite remember. I think I had my VIN # and was able to have it do a SW update w/o actually having the car.

The entire process of configuring the HCS is horrible. I cannot believe they actually released something that works the way it does. The HCS should have been able to be auto-configured right out of the box using the Lucid iPhone app with the user virtually not having to do anything. I can't believe the crude and complicated web interface the manufacturer created for this thing. Lucid should have worked with them on the Lucid app integration before offering it for sale.

As an FYI, I have the HCS configured to use my WiFI and I also have it hard-wired to my network switch. It has 2 IP addresses (one for Ethernet and one for WiFi). I can navigate to the login screen using either IP address. n my case I'm not sure having the HCS connected to both Ethernet and WiFi provides much benefit, except for the fact if my Access Point fails I can still connect to the HCS through Ethernet.

You will need a VIN for the Lucid App. That is for the car, though, and not the home charger. The Lucid App doesn’t interact with the Lucid Home charger. Theoretically, you could just buy the charger and use it with any EV.

So it seems the Lucid Cloud connection is not needed for the HCS OTA updates? I have an email into customer service. I'm disappointed in this unit, for several reasons mentioned above. Installation and setup seem unnecessarily complicated, and now I may have to ask for a second warranty replacement. This makes me worried about quality control on the car. Any thoughts?

I had the same issues with the charger. Once they replaced it, it has worked fine. Car is wonderful! i have been very pleased with the quality. It’s the best car I have ever owned and would buy another one in a heartbeat. Quite frankly, I have not seen another EV that I would consider, mainly because of the range, but also the high quality and comfort for road trips In the Air. Don’t be worried about the car.

Thank you! I left it on overnight, and now it is flashing, but I’m haviNg a hard time telling if it is 10% white or 10% orange. This video comes out more white looking than what I see. Any thoughts? (Can’t upload file it seems)

OK, here are the video and picture. Again, it's more white than it looks live - live, it looks either a dulled white or orange flashing.

Attachments

• IMG_1280.MOV
    3.2 MB
  • IMG_1282.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 70
OK, here are the video and picture. Again, it's more white than it looks live - live, it looks either a dulled white or orange flashing.

Unless you are charging, I don't think it should be flashing...

According to the manual the 10% white flashing is a standby mode. Just don’t know what color this is.

When idle, mine never flashes.

Trying to get manufacturer, model #, and itemized cost of Mobile Charging Control Unit for Level 2 charger that is included with AT for Maryland Energy Administration 700$ rebate. So far unsuccessful in getting info from Lucid Customer Care.

Trying to get manufacturer, model #, and itemized cost of Mobile Charging Control Unit for Level 2 charger that is included with AT for Maryland Energy Administration 700$ rebate. So far unsuccessful in getting info from Lucid Customer Care.
The Lucid Home charger nameplate is on the right side of the charger. It is a level 2 charger. If you are talking about the mobile charger that comes with the car, I don't think they qualify for a rebate. Mobile charger is not separately prices like Tesla.

SUCCESS!!!! Per customer service's instructions, I removed the three AA batteries and turned on the breakers. This time, the unit went from flashing white to solid white LED Lucid lettering - indicating success. Apparently, the AA batteries "are there for an event where there is a power failure. But the feature is not ready to be used yet until the bi-directional feature and hardware has been approved. Eventually you will have the batteries installed in the charger but for now, they are not needed." Since I am in a condo complex, I will never be able to use the reverse charging feature, so I guess I will never need those AA batteries. (BTW, this was after I had a faulty initial HCS which didn't light up at all, and that was replaced by customer service.)

And, btw, the unit maintained its connection to my garage Wi-Fi, despite those AA batteries being removed. So like a household router it does apparently have the capacity to maintain some memory of settings despite the breakers being turned off.

Back