RESOLVED Charge port error and Wiper Blade error

Hi NJ, well it only took 3 days to fix. It turns out that a circuit in the cooling pump went out. So, since that circuit is connected to several devices on that side, it cause a chain of events. Wipers, charging port door error, and then safety warning issue. Once the circuit was replaced. Everything was good to go.
This was the identical problem my car had. The rear motor coolant pump also faulted out in addition to the charge port door and wiper motor, which are all on the left side of the vehicle. It was all on the same circuit. Glad the fix is now only 3 days, the bulk of the time mine took was a tech at Natick placing a volt meter (or was it an oscilloscope? I forget) on everything in the car to isolate the problem!

How the hell did I stumble on this thread??

Yesterday, did my a home charge in the mtns with a new home CP unit. Lucid app said charge complete. CP app said charge complete. I did not use the Lucid dash starting or stopping. I did NOT hit stop charging on either app or the dash. Lights on the Lucid port were full and solid.

At our main home, I have to hit STOP on the Lucid for the cable to release. Not this time. I simply unplugged the CP cable. Instantly, the windshield wipers did ONE sweep and stopped. A few seconds later, the charge port closes normally. Car goes back to sleep. Car runs fine.
FYI, I think my charge port situation resolved itself.

Went to use my main home CP charger this AM. It and the Lucid did the handshake, then Lucid said Charging cable error - reset. Removed the cable. I cycled the CP charger. Turned off charging on the Lucid. Left for 30 minutes. Came back, opened Charging on the Lucid App, hit Charge, and inserted the CP cable. Bingo - all was fine.

In my humble opinion, sometimes I think all the app conflict: from the CP Charger, to the CP app, to the Lucid App to the Lucid dash.

My best luck has been solely with the Lucid App, after it has woken the car. YMMV.

The chargeport door and wiper control module are on the same circuit board, as it was explained to me. If the board fails, the wipers will run, and this is by deliberate design as a safety feature in case it were to fail in the rain, then the wiper motor circuit is open so you can still see in the rain. The fix is not lengthy, you only have to wait for the replacement part. When it happened to my car it took about 1.5 weeks but that included a some substantial troubleshooting time.

They are on the same LIN bus...

I had the same symptoms but they discovered that water had gotten in somehow and shorted some of the circuitry, Dried, sealed and repaired and apparently good to go. Getting car back tomorrow

Attachments

• 20231221_021300000_iOS.MOV
    5.3 MB
  • 20231221_160049000_iOS.MOV
    9.8 MB
FYI, I think my charge port situation resolved itself.

Went to use my main home CP charger this AM. It and the Lucid did the handshake, then Lucid said Charging cable error - reset. Removed the cable. I cycled the CP charger. Turned off charging on the Lucid. Left for 30 minutes. Came back, opened Charging on the Lucid App, hit Charge, and inserted the CP cable. Bingo - all was fine.

In my humble opinion, sometimes I think all the app conflict: from the CP Charger, to the CP app, to the Lucid App to the Lucid dash.

My best luck has been solely with the Lucid App, after it has woken the car. YMMV.
I turned off all the charging scheduling and stuff on my charger and just let the car manage it all. Has made it a lot simpler for anyone else using the car or in my house like my wife and parents just to start charging from in the car without having access to the charger app too.

My charge port door error showed up this morning when I got in the car in my garage to drive to work. Nothing seems to have triggered it, except it has been raining lately. Service said to try and open the door manually and look for an obstruction. Was able to pry it open, found no obstruction. Wouldn't open or close from the dash or the mobile app. The PIN to drive gremlin showed up again, after about two months of not bothering me. Service made a mobile appointment for the Monday after next. The car charges OK and is drivable, but the port door has to be opened and closed by hand, and it doesn't close flush with the fender. Will keep you posted

My charge port door error showed up this morning when I got in the car in my garage to drive to work. Nothing seems to have triggered it, except it has been raining lately. Service said to try and open the door manually and look for an obstruction. Was able to pry it open, found no obstruction. Wouldn't open or close from the dash or the mobile app. The PIN to drive gremlin showed up again, after about two months of not bothering me. Service made a mobile appointment for the Monday after next. The car charges OK and is drivable, but the port door has to be opened and closed by hand, and it doesn't close flush with the fender. Will keep you posted
This may have been caused by my car being literally inundated by water when a car slightly ahead and to the right of me drove through a deep puddle throwing a huge wave of puddle water onto the windshield and front of my car.

This may have been caused by my car being literally inundated by water when a car slightly ahead and to the right of me drove through a deep puddle throwing a huge wave of puddle water onto the windshield and front of my car.
So, on Monday as promised, the mobile technician drove down from OH and replaced the charging port door. It was quite an undertaking, which begs the question - what is the benefit of having a powered door on the charge port as opposed to just a common mechanical one?

So, on Monday as promised, the mobile technician drove down from OH and replaced the charging port door. It was quite an undertaking, which begs the question - what is the benefit of having a powered door on the charge port as opposed to just a common mechanical one?
Automatic close. I love never having to remember to close my charging door.

(But I agree it adds complexity)

Back