Referral Code - 2BFU7LV3
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cars
Touring ZR/SC/21/SSP/DDP
Referral Code
2BFU7LV3
This question may have been asked and answered but I wasn't able to locate the thread.

Does Lucid have any plans to give us the option to update our Air in the Pilot Panel to the actual color of our car? I specifically chose the Zenith Red color for my order and would like that color to display on the Air on the panel.

Thanks!

currently, it does not have that capability. The proper color will appear on the 3-D camera screen but not on the pilot panel where you choose drive modes.

currently, it does not have that capability. The proper color will appear on the 3-D camera screen but not on the pilot panel where you choose drive modes.
Thanks.

While probably a trivial addition to the vehicle's interface, I think it is an easy thing to do (maybe?) for the Lucid team that adds some small personalization delight to owners every time we use the car. I hope it is added to an upcoming update.

If they do this, I hope they will also include the actual tires/rims we have on our vehicle in the image.

If they do this, I hope they will also include the actual tires/rims we have on our vehicle in the image.
That would be easy because they already change the software for the range calculation.

The salesperson actually brought this up, unprompted, on my test drive. Said it's coming later this year. Mind you, he said the same thing about CarPlay ...

I have no doubt they CAN do this, as they already have for the 360 view. (Although it would be cool if they got the rims right, too. But that info may not be in the car's data.)

So we know the car knows what color it is, in any case. And so does the phone app (as evidenced by the iOS widget.) My guess is that the car in the little animation on the main Pilot Panel screen is a video of some kind (you can see it move when you switch driving modes.) So they'd have to render that video in all the various colors. Not super difficult, I wouldn't think, But also not high priority. They already had 3D models for the 360 view from the web site's configurator.

I do agree it would be a nice touch and in keeping with Lucid's attention-to-detail branding. An easy win, let's say. So I have no doubt they will do this eventually.

The salesperson actually brought this up, unprompted, on my test drive. Said it's coming later this year. Mind you, he said the same thing about CarPlay ...
SA's do not have an inside line to future stuff.

Back