Ceramic Coat / PPF

Electric Al

Cars
Touring
Upon the recommendation of my grandson,
I contacted Taylor at Essence Motorsports for an estimate to apply a protective coat for my new Lucid Touring.
He thoroughly explained the difference between a ceramic coat and PPF.
His recommendation was for the ceramic coat.
I chose the ceramic coat and was told it was a two day process.
I found Taylor to be very efficient and professional. The facility was immaculate and up to date. Impressive for a automobile shop.
I picked up the car the next day as scheduled.
The Lucid looked better than new.
The finish was as smooth as can be.
I am very satisfied with the results.
I highly recommend Essence Motorsport
Located in Laguna Hills, CA

How much did he charge, if I may ask?

Upon the recommendation of my grandson,
I contacted Taylor at Essence Motorsports for an estimate to apply a protective coat for my new Lucid Touring.
I chose the ceramic coat and was told it was a two day process.
I found Taylor to be very efficient and professional. The facility was immaculate and up to date. Impressive for a automobile shop.
I picked up the car the next day as scheduled.
The Lucid looked better than new.
The finish was as smooth as can be.
I am very satisfied with the results.
I highly recommend Essence Motorsport
Located in Laguna Hills, CA
Thanks for sharing. What brand of ceramic coat did they use, and how many layers. Looks like you got an awesome deal. Here in the bay area the price is starting from 1.9K to 2.6K

Haven't gotten my Touring to the detailer yet, but my GV-60 got full-front PPF (Hood, grille, front Q-panels) then a full ceramic coat (yes, the PPF gets coated).

Useful info. Thanks.

Any insight on why he would recommend this would be appreciated. A ceramic coating does not protect against chips and dings, so unless that wasn't in your requirements, curious as to why he would recommend just a ceramic coating.
Thanks.

Any insight on why he would recommend this would be appreciated. A ceramic coating does not protect against chips and dings, so unless that wasn't in your requirements, curious as to why he would recommend just a ceramic coating.
Thanks.
Ceramic coating is good for making it easy to keep the car clean and easily remove bird droppings, dead bugs, etc. As noted it won't do much of anything for small rock chips or other debris that happens to strike the car while it is moving.

Back