Cccv2 upgrade

I scheduled the CCV2 upgrade and my second annual maintenance with six weeks' lead time. They said at the time that the part was in stock. I'm now given a 2-7 weeks guesstimate for completion. No loaners, so I got a crappy Audi SUV from Enterprise. I told the service advisor that I'd rather keep my car, let them call me with 20 minutes notice, and I'd bring it down when they're ready to work on it, but the idea was a non-starter. Maybe I shouldn't have scheduled them at the same time?
Let's stay on topic here. If you'd like to complain about Service, there are quite a few threads for that.
 
Let's stay on topic here. If you'd like to complain about Service, there are quite a few threads for that.
Well, I was half on-topic. I was responding to the comment about scheduling the July appointment to try and time UX3 with CCV2. So I veered into the service topic to mention that it may be August before the upgrade is complete, just as my June appointment will be completed in July in all likelihood.
 
Costa Mesa finished the CCCV2 upgrade (and even-year maintenance). From the original quote of 2-7 weeks, they completed it in two weeks, so that's good. Here's what I've noticed so far about the upgrade:
  1. The blind spot display is sharper than it was. I'm assuming that the additional processing power is what made the difference.
  2. No camera lag on backup.
  3. The passive locking/unlocking seems more responsive.
  4. Profile switching is faster.
  5. Screen startup is faster.
Was it worth it? Given I plan to hang on to the car for six+ years, probably these small changes alone were likely worth it. I am now awaiting UX3 with baited breath.
 
Costa Mesa finished the CCCV2 upgrade (and even-year maintenance). From the original quote of 2-7 weeks, they completed it in two weeks, so that's good. Here's what I've noticed so far about the upgrade:
  1. The blind spot display is sharper than it was. I'm assuming that the additional processing power is what made the difference.
  2. No camera lag on backup.
  3. The passive locking/unlocking seems more responsive.
  4. Profile switching is faster.
  5. Screen startup is faster.
Was it worth it? Given I plan to hang on to the car for six+ years, probably these small changes alone were likely worth it. I am now awaiting UX3 with bated breath.
Anyone who owns a Lucid Air should just go get the update.
 
Anyone who owns a Lucid Air should just go get the update.
Yup yup yup… I’ll be first in line after UX 3 drops followed by the robustness updates!
 
Anyone who owns a Lucid Air should just go get the update.
I just reached out to my guy and we’re going to come up with a mutual time. No rush but now he knows I want it, in a bit.
 
Yup yup yup… I’ll be first in line after UX 3 drops followed by the robustness updates!
Given all the management changes at Lucid and reevaluation of their priorities, I wonder if developing 3.0 for the Air is still going to be on the table. Would change the calculation on how valuable to CCCv2 upgrade is.
 
Given all the management changes at Lucid and reevaluation of their priorities, I wonder if developing 3.0 for the Air is still going to be on the table. Would change the calculation on how valuable to CCCv2 upgrade is.
I think it would absolutely change the calculation.

And I really hope the new management isn't dumb enough to cancel 3.x on and Air. If nothing else it gets the Air and Gravity closer to being at least mostly on a common codebase, which should bring significant improvements in the efficiency of the software development teams.
 
I think it would absolutely change the calculation.

And I really hope the new management isn't dumb enough to cancel 3.x on and Air. If nothing else it gets the Air and Gravity closer to being at least mostly on a common codebase, which should bring significant improvements in the efficiency of the software development teams.
If they canceled the Air entirely (big if), it wouldn't make sense to invest in 3.x. I have no idea, just conjecture, but I guess I wouldn't take it as gospel that 3.x is coming to the Air just because Nick Twork said it months ago.
 
If they canceled the Air entirely (big if), it wouldn't make sense to invest in 3.x. I have no idea, just conjecture, but I guess I wouldn't take it as gospel that 3.x is coming to the Air just because Nick Twork said it months ago.
I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I for one will be super pissed if they cancel it.
 
I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I for one will be super pissed if they cancel it.
I'm right there with you. I have a 2025 so I already have the newer chip but if I didn't, I'd probably think twice about installing it if my main goal was to prepare for 3.x.
 
Purchase for now rather than some possible future
 
The biggest headache I was dreading with the CCCv2 was reprogramming all my garage doors and gates. I have eight devices scattered across different locations, so I knew it wouldn’t be quick.

Sure enough, Lucid delivered the expected frustration. After successfully adding my three garage doors at home, I drove to my mother-in-law’s house. I programmed her gate without issue, but when I tried to add her garage, the “Add HomeLink” button was greyed out and wouldn’t respond. A reboot didn’t fix it.

Feeling defeated, I headed home and decided to wait a few days before trying the “Delete All HomeLink” option and starting over.

A few days later, I cleared all the HomeLink settings and began fresh. I successfully reprogrammed my three home garages, then drove back to my mother-in-law’s and added both her gate and garage (bringing the total to five). From there, I stopped by my parents’ house and programmed their garage as well — six devices done!

I’ll tackle the gate and garage at the vacation home another day. So far, it looks like wiping all the HomeLink settings and starting from scratch was the solution.
 
Hello,

I own a 2022 Lucid Air Grand Touring that is currently located in Brazil (I bought in the US but had to move for work - and brought the vehicle!). The vehicle is currently running software version 2.10.0 and continues to receive OTA updates normally.

I am willing to retrofit the second-generation Center Console Controller (CCCv2, OEM part P11-K2B100) to enable the UX 3.0 feature. I contacted Lucid about my situation and the reply was that it cannot support me as the vehicle is not in the US. I can source the replacement module (at eBay or other third party sources) and arrange the physical installation locally with an EV technical expert.

However, I have questions if this will work or a reprogramming of the module is required. Does anybody have any information about the following points:
  1. Whether a used CCCv2 from another Lucid Air requires VIN-specific commissioning or it is just recognizes it and moves on with the software updates.
  2. Whether the module can initialize automatically after installation or requires proprietary diagnostic tools.
  3. If so, whether there is another third party specialist (not Lucid) that can remotely provision the replacement or reinstall the necessary firmware while the car is connected to Wi-Fi.
Any help very much appreciated.
 
All I can say is yesterday we spent some amount of time getting all the computers to recognize that the new computer was legitimate. You don’t just pull the old one and put in the new. So unless you know someone with access to Lucid service so I think you might just be sol.
 
Was starting to get UX 3.0 FOMO and pulled the trigger on the CCCv2 for my 2023 Air Touring. Seeing as I plan on keeping the vehicle for several more years, I "justified" the expense! I submitted a request online and it took about a week for service to get back to me. Surprisingly, Costa Mesa can get mobile service to me in less than a week! Pretty amazing as service requests have typically taken a month or more.
 
Back
Top