CarPlay size question

Heem91

Cars
Lucid air touring
I have been driving lucid for the past 3 months and i really wish they changed how the screen looks when car play is on…. At least fill the screen

I have been driving lucid for the past 3 months and i really wish they changed how the screen looks when car play is on…. At least fill the screen
It would be great if they did so, but Apple has strict standards for the size and placement of the usable portion of Carplay, and it is mandated that the shape must be a rectangle. If Carplay 2.0 ever comes to the Air, this will hopefully be fixed. I agree with you in that it looks less than desirable, but it is the best option Lucid has other than putting it on the Pilot panel (which would be dumb to me due to visibility). I actually think Lucid did a great job considering what they had to work with, for example with the wallpaper extending all the way to the bezels and being well integrated. One potential improvement I could see would be to extend it further left and get rid of the dead space ONLY when in Carplay (when in the native system, it is necessary for ergonomics).

1710812645462.png

Back