Car Insurance

All these comparisons are not meaningful unless you specify coverages and deductibles.
Sadly age needs to be taken in as a factor as well. 30 years old and my AGT is $2700/year with Safeco. $1k deductible. $500/$500k coverage.

Best insurance company out there. But not cheap.
I was originally with Travelers which I was very happy with.

But when I bought my 2018 Porsche Panamera Turbo, they would not insure it because they excluded cars over 150K.

Was told that PURE specializes in high end cars and property, so switched my cars and home insurance to them. Never had to use them, so can't give you an evaluation, but they immediately covered my AGT when it arrived 3 weeks ago

For my GT-P with Allstate (4th car on the policy) $1060 per year, about $80 more than my 2014 Q50
$500K Bodily harm and $100K property coverage, can't find the deductible for the moment.
The GT-P was slightly more expensive to purchase that the NSX and that costs $2760 per year

$50 deductible, full coverage comprehensive
I'm sitting at $246 a month
steep insurance!

Anyone in Utah have cheaper rates? lol
For my Model S, Connect by AmFam (Costco insurance) was cheapest. $520/6m $100/500 comp/coll. Unknown what it’ll be for my Lucid when it arrives.

State Farm quoted an annual premium of $1,660 for my Air Pure.

I'm with Safeco, at $3000 per year. $1K deductible. It includes glass coverage, full replacement value. I'd have to look up the comp/coll, but I know it's fairly high. I had AAA when I bought the car, but they wanted $6200/yr with lower coverage than I have now, no replacement value. My husband killed our Lucid last month, and I'm dealing with Safeco for the claim. They are a little slow in getting payments out due to the amount and the type of car, but I am getting the full $139,000 plus tax for it.

Has anyone used USAA?
Yes, that's who i use.

I want to say around $625 per 6 months. You can order it online and configure to your needs.

Lucid AT is car #3 with Geico. The Lucid costs 1300/year with 300/500 and 2k deductible. I go lowish on liability because I have an umbrella policy. I’m in So Cal.

Lucid AT is car #3 with Geico. The Lucid costs 1300/year with 300/500 and 2k deductible. I go lowish on liability because I have an umbrella policy. I’m in So Cal.
I would wager that somewhere north of 2/3 of the folks on this forum have an umbrella policy. Another indication of how the forum membership is not representative of society as a whole.

Yes, that's who i use.

I want to say around $625 per 6 months. You can order it online and configure to your needs.
Have USAA and have always had good experience with them. That said, if you have an umbrella policy, there are minimums they'll require for the various liability amounts (as do other insurers). Something to consider when people are comparing just the headline rate. Not always an apples-to-apples comparison...

Have USAA and have always had good experience with them. That said, if you have an umbrella policy, there are minimums they'll require for the various liability amounts (as do other insurers). Something to consider when people are comparing just the headline rate. Not always an apples-to-apples comparison...
My umbrella policy with USAA requires a 300/500 liability limit on the car insurance. Most Insurors only offer 250/500 coverage. Something to keep in mind.

Just got a quote on insurance for a Lucid Air at 514 per month... it kills my budget.. Does anybody have a better current rate??

My umbrella policy with USAA requires a 300/500 liability limit on the car insurance. Most Insurors only offer 250/500 coverage. Something to keep in mind.
I am writing this from memory so I could be wrong but my memory is that GEICO (through whom I have secured my umbrella) was "or" on the individual vs. group limits.

Just got a quote on insurance for a Lucid Air at 514 per month... it kills my budget.. Does anybody have a better current rate??
There's a few threads on insurance on the board here, read thru them for ideas. Definitely get more quotes. AAA wanted around $450/month for the Lucid alone. I'm paying around $420/month for three cars with Safeco.

Back