Can't use referral code in VA?

HL7630

Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Touring
Hi,

I am waiting for the delivery of my new 2024 Air Touring and today, I received a call from my SA saying that the referral code that I provided to him during the in-person appointment can't be tagged to the order in Virginia.

Is this a referral code-specific issue? If so, will I be able to provide my SA with a new referral code?

Either way, looking forward to my delivery at Tysons soon. I don't see recent posts mentioning about free swags but hope I can get their mug at least :)

The referral program is not available in Ohio and Virginia due to state laws.

The referral program is not available in Ohio and Virginia due to state laws.
Cue @segbrk crying so many tears. Y'all should get together and write a letter to your reps :P

Virginia is for Lovers, who don't like freedom of liquor or referral points.

...or radar detectors. VA still has a ban on them, is that right?

...or radar detectors. VA still has a ban on them, is that right?
Owning one isn't banned. Having it powered and accessible is. That is, you can keep one in your trunk for when you go over state lines, but in VA you cannot have it either powered on or accessible within reach (so you don't just unplug it when you get pulled over).

I only know this because I lived in VA and Vienna is the speed trap of all speed traps. I got tagged going 17 in a 15. I lost my mind, lol.

Owning one isn't banned. Having it powered and accessible is. That is, you can keep one in your trunk for when you go over state lines, but in VA you cannot have it either powered on or accessible within reach (so you don't just unplug it when you get pulled over).

I only know this because I lived in VA and Vienna is the speed trap of all speed traps. I got tagged going 17 in a 15. I lost my mind, lol.
So essentially illegal minus the semantics.

So essentially illegal minus the semantics.
Yeah, of course. I wasn't disagreeing with you.

I was just being pedantic because I happened to know these facts since I lived there and definitely didn't own a radar detector lol

I grew up in VA through college and it was a big no no on the radar detectors plus the crazy blue laws and ABC stores for alcohol (though I think you can get wine and beer now in some grocery stores). I designed those civil war road signs as you drive around the state as a summer design job while in Architecture school there like 30 yrs ago (https://www.civilwartrails.org/)

Back