CAN'T DECIDE ON UPGRADING!

Pavlova

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring, QG
Referral Code
M7YS6O23
So... am I the only one that can't decide on upgrading Pure to Tour? I really liked the fanthom blue (thanks noobzilla), but also wont mind QG with glass roof as well.

My DA said that my build will be made starting sometimes this week and expects delivery in March since I live so far away. And I don't think Lucid is going to add another news on offering discounts with so many people upgrading from Pures to Touring just yet.

I could try to delay my delivery as much as I could since I dont mind waiting for just another month. But not so sure if Lucid is going to offer the same discount on Pures. I also have a feeling that they prob going to offer less discounts even if they do offer the discount.

HELP!

Just my personal opinion, but I think the phantom blue is so beautiful and unique, that it outweighs the glass roof in terms of appearance . I have a glass roof and enjoy it , but to be honest, I would be just as happy without it. The Pure is a very unique take both inside and out and I love it.

Don't make a decision based on whether you think Lucid is going to add discounts or not. You need to be happy with the price you're paying TODAY and if Lucid drops the price then you won't get too annoyed. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with either so probably comes down to what you're willing to spend and if the extra $$ is worth it. As @stratus said, the glass roof is nice but I don't see it as a deal breaker not to have it and that Blue...... LOVE IT!

Interior is the main difference between the two, with textiles(the pure has textiles, but different and none in the back seat) leather that can be had in 3 colors, and the glass roof of course. Performance is another differentiator, with the touring having a 3.4 0-60 instead of 3.8(however many sources report the touring getting 3.1 or 2). The touring also does have 15 miles more range, but this is unlikely to be a big difference.

Get the car you want. What are the odds of you thinking "I wish I had upgraded" versus "Dammit, should have stuck with the Pure". From my viewpoint, I think you'll be happy with either car. I understand what you are going through. I initially reserved a P, upgraded to a T and bought a GT. Echo what others have written about the glass roof - it's really more for the passengers.

Thank you all for your input! now I'm leaning more towards upgrading to Touring. @SDHacker your comment was a "lightbulb moment." I think I would rather regret not upgrading it in the long run... Although Fanthom Blue is an awesome color, QG is just another beautiful color and adds more luxurious nuance to the Air. Again Thank you all.

I'd agree with getting the car you want. Wish I'd held strong on ordering 20" wheels rather than making do with the 19's to get the car earlier.

I'd agree with getting the car you want. Wish I'd held strong on ordering 20" wheels rather than making do with the 19's to get the car earlier.
This was going to be my next question, but I've managed to settle on this one rather quickly. I live down in the south and we really don't get snow the entire year. Therefore, I'm going with 20" Losing 15-20 mi per charge isn't really a big deal for me since Touring does have a slightly higher EPA range. :)

Get the 20s and sell the 19s? :)

Easy decision. Faster always better than slower. People gladly pay > $10,000 just to drop a half second 0-60 time on a Porsche 911. The Touring gives you a lot more ( awd, leather, 20's).

Just my two cents, but I think the glass roof is a waste of money. I’m not complaining at all about the car. I love my Touring, but if the timing and circumstances had been right, I would’ve been happy to save the $4000 and not have a glass roof, which I never notice.

Just my two cents, but I think the glass roof is a waste of money. I’m not complaining at all about the car. I love my Touring, but if the timing and circumstances had been right, I would’ve been happy to save the $4000 and not have a glass roof, which I never notice.
Would you like a sunroof though? There’s probably a reason it’s left out on the solid roof to entice you to upgrade to glass but I think I’d miss the light coming in from above without glass in the roof of some sort.

I love the glass roof. I liked the metal roof too, but prefer the glass roof. To each their own!

I received the message below. I don't really get how the upgrade from Pure to Touring only involves a price difference of $700. I tried to go to the configurations link and do this, but the numbers don't come out to $700. Any idea what how this works? Of course, in keeping with my attempts to contact the SA, no one has responded to me in the week since I got the email.

1676823838527.png

I received the message below. I don't really get how the upgrade from Pure to Touring only involves a price difference of $700. I tried to go to the configurations link and do this, but the numbers don't come out to $700. Any idea what how this works? Of course, in keeping with my attempts to contact the SA, no one has responded to me in the week since I got the email.

View attachment 9916
The $700 is the difference in the reservation cost, not the cost of the car.

View attachment 9916
Adnillien had the answer, but I could see where that email could be misleading.

I go the same email today from My SA and he responded that he accidentally sent me an upgrade offer when I had already upgraded my pure reservation to touring.

Adnillien had the answer, but I could see where that email could be misleading.
Pretty sloppy sales pitch. No wonder they didn't respond to my several inquiries.

Back