Cancelled order in Chicago post-VIN

Mkavouras

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid grand touring
My VIN was assigned about one month ago. I was a complete lucid enthusiast and so hopeful for their success, and for a while, completely
excited about the potential purchase of my AIR GT. But with each passing day, taking in all the facts, which included the very helpful posts on this Forum, I came to the realization that moving forward was simply too risky.

Initially, this looked like an amazingly well engineered car with a handful of possible software works. (Excited but slightly cautious)

Then the frequency and severity of issues increased. (More concerned but hopeful they would be quickly corrected)

Finally, some of the recent complete car failures, extensive delays and pauses, and possible safety issues (alarmed and disappointed).

So I scheduled time with my DA and detailed my concerns and said I simply no longer felt comfortable to proceed. I cancelled my order.

I’ll continue to monitor this forum. I suspect there are others that went through similar emotions along this journey.

I’m hoping for a serious call to action by the executive team at lucid and a commitment to put out a world class car in ALL aspects. If I see things are back on track, I’ll be more than happy to get back in the queue. They at least maintained me as a potential future customer, by graciously offering a full refund on my deposit (even though the car was already i production somewhere in the chain).

At the end, I didnt feel desperate to proceed, which gave me a comfort to cancel, since I love my current vehicle. But was just looking for a little bit more room and range and thought Lucid would be that next dream car. Sadly, I don’t think the AIR is quite there yet.

My VIN was assigned about one month ago. I was a complete lucid enthusiast and so hopeful for their success, and for a while, completely
excited about the potential purchase of my AIR GT. But with each passing day, taking in all the facts, which included the very helpful posts on this Forum, I came to the realization that moving forward was simply too risky.

Initially, this looked like an amazingly well engineered car with a handful of possible software works. (Excited but slightly cautious)

Then the frequency and severity of issues increased. (More concerned but hopeful they would be quickly corrected)

Finally, some of the recent complete car failures, extensive delays and pauses, and possible safety issues (alarmed and disappointed).

So I scheduled time with my DA and detailed my concerns and said I simply no longer felt comfortable to proceed. I cancelled my order.

I’ll continue to monitor this forum. I suspect there are others that went through similar emotions along this journey.

I’m hoping for a serious call to action by the executive team at lucid and a commitment to put out a world class car in ALL aspects. If I see things are back on track, I’ll be more than happy to get back in the queue. They at least maintained me as a potential future customer, by graciously offering a full refund on my deposit (even though the car was already i production somewhere in the chain).

At the end, I didnt feel desperate to proceed, which gave me a comfort to cancel, since I love my current vehicle. But was just looking for a little bit more room and range and thought Lucid would be that next dream car. Sadly, I don’t think the AIR is quite there yet.
By any chance is it Zenith Red, with a Tahoe interior and 21 inch wheels? If so, it’s heading my way.

Unfortunately no. It was a white with Santa Cruz interior and 19 inch wheels.

Back