Can anyone shed light on how Lucid structures its production batching for the Air?
I’ve seen the term "batch build" mentioned in passing, but I’d like to understand what that means in practice. Does AMP-1 schedule runs around exterior paint color? Specific option packages like DreamDrive Pro or Glass Canopy? Or specific interior trims?
Here is why I ask:
On 21 Aug, I ordered an inventory 2026 Air Grand Touring and immediately received an acknowledgment email and VIN. It was listed as "Available in 2 weeks" and essentially just needed to be shipped.
After some valuable discussions here on the forum, I decided I wanted DreamDrive Pro. While checking inventory daily, a 2027 AGT matching my exact desired configuration (Zenith Red, Tahoe interior, Glass Canopy, DDP) appeared on 31 Aug. It was the only 2027 Air listed, and it showed "Available in 4 weeks."
I contacted my Sales Specialist immediately. They reassigned my order to that vehicle, and the 2027 listing disappeared from the public inventory page as expected.
Based on that conversation, I expected a VIN assignment would follow fairly quickly. However, I still do not have a VIN, and my advisor recently confirmed that the car has not yet entered production.
Meanwhile, I've noticed a handful of 2027 AGTs appearing in inventory listed as "Available in 2 weeks"—three in Zenith Red with the Glass Canopy, one with the Tahoe interior, and one with DreamDrive Pro. In other words, cars sharing nearly every major attribute of my build appear to be rolling off the line, yet my 31Aug order hasn't received a VIN.
To be clear, I’m not stressing over the timeline—this is a "want," not an urgent "need," and waiting a few months is not a problem. (Some of you waited a year or more for your delivery!) Seeing these very similar builds appear in inventory, though, has made me curious about how Lucid decides which specific combination of options triggers a production slot on the assembly line.
I’ve seen the term "batch build" mentioned in passing, but I’d like to understand what that means in practice. Does AMP-1 schedule runs around exterior paint color? Specific option packages like DreamDrive Pro or Glass Canopy? Or specific interior trims?
Here is why I ask:
On 21 Aug, I ordered an inventory 2026 Air Grand Touring and immediately received an acknowledgment email and VIN. It was listed as "Available in 2 weeks" and essentially just needed to be shipped.
After some valuable discussions here on the forum, I decided I wanted DreamDrive Pro. While checking inventory daily, a 2027 AGT matching my exact desired configuration (Zenith Red, Tahoe interior, Glass Canopy, DDP) appeared on 31 Aug. It was the only 2027 Air listed, and it showed "Available in 4 weeks."
I contacted my Sales Specialist immediately. They reassigned my order to that vehicle, and the 2027 listing disappeared from the public inventory page as expected.
Based on that conversation, I expected a VIN assignment would follow fairly quickly. However, I still do not have a VIN, and my advisor recently confirmed that the car has not yet entered production.
Meanwhile, I've noticed a handful of 2027 AGTs appearing in inventory listed as "Available in 2 weeks"—three in Zenith Red with the Glass Canopy, one with the Tahoe interior, and one with DreamDrive Pro. In other words, cars sharing nearly every major attribute of my build appear to be rolling off the line, yet my 31Aug order hasn't received a VIN.
To be clear, I’m not stressing over the timeline—this is a "want," not an urgent "need," and waiting a few months is not a problem. (Some of you waited a year or more for your delivery!) Seeing these very similar builds appear in inventory, though, has made me curious about how Lucid decides which specific combination of options triggers a production slot on the assembly line.