Camera lag and CCCv2 question

jugvara

New Member

Joined
May 2, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Cars
2023 Air GT
I recently purchased a used 2023 Air GT and one thing that I've noticed is that the video in the dashboard for the turn sign cameras has some lag to it. I'm wondering if upgrading to CCCv2 makes any difference in the smoothness of that video.
 
2026 here- can't say if it's an improvement from yours or not but it still has hiccups, as does the reverse camera. Not terribly laggy per se but definitely not smooth/particularly HD.
 
My 26 lags badly too, including the backup camera which is incredibly frustrating.
on my 2022 AGT, aside from the backup camera lag, from time-to-time, I encounter blank or frozen pilot panel (is that the right term?). Sometimes it recovers on its own, other time, it requires a restart. I concur with the aforementioned point there are SW problems in addition to the speed of the computer.

The UX upgrade for the Air (if it comes at all) won't be till later this year. When I spoke with the Service Center about upgrading to CCC2, they suggest I wait till the UX upgrade schedule is solidify.
 
on my 2022 AGT, aside from the backup camera lag, from time-to-time, I encounter blank or frozen pilot panel (is that the right term?). Sometimes it recovers on its own, other time, it requires a restart. I concur with the aforementioned point there are SW problems in addition to the speed of the computer.

The UX upgrade for the Air (if it comes at all) won't be till later this year. When I spoke with the Service Center about upgrading to CCC2, they suggest I wait till the UX upgrade schedule is solidify.
I don’t have the pilot panel freeze but the backup camera lag is dangerous in my opinion. But it doesn’t crash much. If I remember.
 
My side cameras are faster after the CCCv2 upgrade, but still aren't what I would call smooth yet.
 
I have a tight driveway so it's noticeable daily - while in general I love the Air, it was/is a bit shocking how much better in resolution, frame rate, visibility and accuracy of the guides the backup camera on my 2019 Audi A6 was compared to the Air. Very disappointing and I can't imagine this isn't a hardware issue, so don't expect any fix is coming.
 
I recently purchased a used 2023 Air GT and one thing that I've noticed is that the video in the dashboard for the turn sign cameras has some lag to it. I'm wondering if upgrading to CCCv2 makes any difference in the smoothness of that video.
The CCCv2 upgrade is absolutely necessary, there are still hiccups but to be expected with a new car company, my 2022 Dream is spectacular, enuf so, I also purchased a Dream Gravity
 
The CCCv2 upgrade is absolutely necessary, there are still hiccups but to be expected with a new car company, my 2022 Dream is spectacular, enuf so, I also purchased a Dream Gravity
It's a great car but even with CCCv2 built in, doesn't change for me that this critical safety feature isn't close to up to par to a 2019 mid-level car and no improvements have been made in the last five years.
 
I have none of the lags and fails mentioned herein, and I'm on CCCv1. - 2024 Air Pure AWD with DDP & SSP

I will eventually get CCCv?, but only when I need it to get some feature or fix that I really want, and can't otherwise get.

As for UX 3... For the first time, I'll be holding back on an OTA Update until it's proven to be pretty much bug free, stable, and not overtaxing the other hardware, ala Gravity.
 
Last edited:
There was an error in the above post, which is corrected in the text repeat below. I have a 2023 Air Pure AWD with DDP & SSP. Sorry. Too late to edit or delete.

I have none of the lags and fails mentioned herein, and I'm on CCCv1. - 2023 Air Pure AWD with DDP & SSP
I will eventually get CCCv?, but only when I need it to get some feature or fix that I really want, and can't otherwise get.
As for UX 3... For the first time, I'll be holding back on an OTA Update until it's proven to be pretty much bug free, stable, and not overtaxing the other hardware, ala Gravity.
 
Last edited:
For me it pops up quickly but the frame rate has always been subpar especially compared to Tesla. But Tesla used to be like the Air is now back in the day and one day one update corrected it. So there's hope. I have a 2025 Pure which already had the V2 chip.
 
Back
Top