BYD truth?

Halodde

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring

Either nobody cares or nobody believes that they can get 1200 mile range, huh? Lol

Both. I'll believe it when I see it, and then I will still not care. Neither my butt nor my bladder have a 1200 mile range, even if I ever wanted to drive 1200 miles away in one go.
I agree. The secret sauce, IMO, is having sufficient working fast chargers that one can do a quick ten minute stop and substantially recharge the battery similar to how one does a ten minute stop to gas up an ICE vehicle. If working fast chargers become ubiquitous, a range of 250-300 miles is more than adequate. We would be long past the point where my car would be telling me to take a break.

Obviously, this is a hybrid and not a BEV. And while I agree that a better fast charging system is needed in this country, I think more realistically, a combination of longer range vehicles and Improvement in the charging Network is where the happy medium lies

I don’t even care about Lucid range going long distance, I just as long as charging station is working and not packed in line.

Back