Buying a CCS1 adapter?

DKD-CvilleVA

Member

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2025
Messages
84
Reaction score
129
Location
Charlottesville, VA
Cars
Gravity GT; Tesla Y
Since the Gravity now comes with an NACS connector, I'm considering buying an adapter for NACS to CCS1.
Having this would allow me to leverage the Electrify America high speed chargers (350kw), which I've never been able to use on my Tesla.

Is anyone else here doing this? Thanks!
 
Thank you! That's great news and will be super helpful in some areas as we travel.
In Newburgh, NY for example, there's an older Tesla charger, which won't work with the Gravity; but there is also an EA charging location nearby with the 350kw chargers.
Adding the EA network hopefully will make up for losing the older Tesla chargers. Thanks again!
 
Thought I'd put this here since I think it's a similar question. I already have a home charger installed as we own another fully electric vehicle and a plug-in hybrid. The charging cable for this charger is a J1772 (picture below). Is there an adapter I can buy to put on the end of this thing and plug it into my Gravity to charge at home? I didn't see anything like that in what I received from Lucid - just two different types of plugs.
IMG_1111.webp
 
@MisterNiceGuy - yes, you should have the adapter to use that charger in your vehicle. Either in the home charging kit (in the back of the vehicle) or the adapters that are in the center console between the driver and passenger seats.
 
Your Gravity should have come with a J1772 to NACS adapter that will work for this. The adapters are typically in the center console at delivery.
 
Aha! Thank you! They were indeed in the center console - I was only looking in the charging kit at the back of the vehicle. I had to take delivery late after closing at Tyson's on December 21 because we were going out of town early the next morning through the end of the year, so I hardly had time for them to tell me anything about where things were.
 
Back
Top