Business Insider article on Lucid manufacturing

Dortreo

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
Article posted today saying Lucid has lost at least 6 high level execs including Peter Hochholdinger, who is still listed on the website.

The article is paywalled, so does anyone have access?

I see this as a positive. Rivian dumped their Tesla guy and got production ramped up and now Lucid has dumped theirs. Sometimes companies who struggle say time and time again they're changing but they just move people around at a leadership level thinking things will somehow improve. It's good to see that either these people were fired or they decided to leave and now some fresh blood is coming in to steer the ship right. Let's hope Peter has bet on the right horse this time.

From the look of the flyovers there does seem to be a steady flow of cars coming off the production line now so hopefully Lucid is getting its groove on :)

I see this as a positive. Rivian dumped their Tesla guy and got production ramped up and now Lucid has dumped theirs. Sometimes companies who struggle say time and time again they're changing but they just move people around at a leadership level thinking things will somehow improve. It's good to see that either these people were fired or they decided to leave and now some fresh blood is coming in to steer the ship right. Let's hope Peter has bet on the right horse this time.

From the look of the flyovers there does seem to be a steady flow of cars coming off the production line now so hopefully Lucid is getting its groove on :)
Was it Hochholdinger who got shifted from one role to another a while back? For all we know, this was part of the deal. Move him to another position, but then agree that he will leave the company six months later. Looks better than simply firing him.

I agree, I think the fact that they are making changes is a good thing. Too many companies leave the wrong people in positions for far too long. If the internal sources say this is was the right move, that's also a good sign. Usually, sources for stories like this are disgruntled former employees who think the company is doing everything wrong.

And then, of course, there's the usual "take it with a grain of salt" reminder, given that this is Business Insider. I trust them about as far as I can throw a Lucid.

Article posted today saying Lucid has lost at least 6 high level execs including Peter Hochholdinger, who is still listed on the website.

The article is paywalled, so does anyone have access?
It was Zak Edson that took over for him, right? I think that’s a good thing.

Nicolas Minbiole, the Vice President of Global Quality at Lucid Motors replaced Peter Hochholdinger, the Vice President of Manufacturing at Lucid Motors with overseeing manufacturing quality at the Lucid plant back in May.

Nicolas Minbiole, the Vice President of Global Quality at Lucid Motors replaced Peter Hochholdinger, the Vice President of Manufacturing at Lucid Motors with overseeing manufacturing quality at the Lucid plant back in May.
Ah ok thanks for the clarification.

It's great that the stock tanked for a while today on this article, even though most of what they're reporting happened months ago.

I love the headline, I wouldn't call it talent...... the guy was in charge when the Model 3 when through manufacturing hell and Lucid thought he was going to do a better job than his days at Tesla. Good riddance

1662568913817.png

Back