Bumpy ride on Pure with 20” wheels

You should make sure the shipping blocks have been removed from the springs - it's a part of the PDI and (in my experience with other brands) can be missed on PDI.

Is it worse when cornering, and do you feel vibration in the steering? You may actually need a road-force rebalance. This happened to my GT, I had a vibration over certain speeds that was worse when cornering, but if yours is at any speed then maybe it’s not that.
No, it is mostly over small bumps at relatively slow speeds. those little bumps are just much "sharper" than in the GT with 21" wheels. Rough roads are fine. There is no vibration in the steering at all. Thanks for helping.

You should make sure the shipping blocks have been removed from the springs - it's a part of the PDI and (in my experience with other brands) can be missed on PDI.
I had the wheels off yesterday and didn't see anything. I'll check again. Thanks for the tip.

It does, but as of right now, Lucid doesn't have an option for owners to change the TPMS setting on a wheel swap.
So to verify, when swapping wheels from 21” to 19” winters, the range estimate should go up at 100% SOC to 516 mi? Because mine still says 469 at full charge on the Lucid winter package 19” wheel/tire combo installed by Lucid.

I'm having a similar problem on my Touring.. a pretty bumpy ride regardless of what speed I'm at. I thought it was my driving at first as this is my first EV.. but I don't think that's the case. One thing to note is that the Touring that I have originally had 20" wheels on them -- I wanted 19"s in my config and the service center was able to swap them out from 20s to 19s before I took delivery. I'm wondering if there was a missed calibration/software setting that they had to set on their end when going about this change? I contacted Customer Care today so a service rep should reach out to me in 24-48 hours..

Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

Is it worse when cornering, and do you feel vibration in the steering? You may actually need a road-force rebalance. This happened to my GT, I had a vibration over certain speeds that was worse when cornering, but if yours is at any speed then maybe it’s not that.
Was the road-force rebalance something that Service did after you contacted Customer Care? I'm assuming that's not something we're able to do by ourselves.

I am curious how does the pure ride and overall comfort vs the plaid? I have the plaid and while a little bumpy I do appreciate being able to adjust ride height and adaptive suspension with air suspension.
Adjustable air spring is bad and bumpy!!!!

I have Rivian R1S with 22” sports wheel, and few friends with Tesla. I can attest to that, spring adaptive suspension is for truck and SUV, better not be on sedan. Lucid Air GT has the most comfort ride out of all EVs I tried. (I have not yet ridden EQS and iX)

Was the road-force rebalance something that Service did after you contacted Customer Care? I'm assuming that's not something we're able to do by ourselves.
Yeah a service tech did it at their shop. On delivery in April I had a couple things they needed to fix so they did the road force rebalance (this wa back when Goose Island was overwhelmed doing PDI for the entire eastern half of the country!). I think the mobile service vans are capable of doing it though.

I'm having a similar problem on my Touring.. a pretty bumpy ride regardless of what speed I'm at. I thought it was my driving at first as this is my first EV.. but I don't think that's the case. One thing to note is that the Touring that I have originally had 20" wheels on them -- I wanted 19"s in my config and the service center was able to swap them out from 20s to 19s before I took delivery. I'm wondering if there was a missed calibration/software setting that they had to set on their end when going about this change? I contacted Customer Care today so a service rep should reach out to me in 24-48 hours..

Has anyone encountered a similar issue?
Same

Adding on to this thread, I’m experiencing something similar. Just took delivery of my pure on 20’s this past weekend. Less than 500 miles. Noticed on my commute today some subtle but noticeable bumpiness. I thought it was just the road but it didn’t change when getting on a smoother road. Will give it some time but may need to take it in to have it checked out. It should be way smoother in my opinion.

Has anyone else noticed this? Trying to understand if it’s just my imagination, or if this is a known issue/quirk of this vehicle.

Adding on to this thread, I’m experiencing something similar. Just took delivery of my pure on 20’s this past weekend. Less than 500 miles. Noticed on my commute today some subtle but noticeable bumpiness. I thought it was just the road but it didn’t change when getting on a smoother road. Will give it some time but may need to take it in to have it checked out. It should be way smoother in my opinion.

Has anyone else noticed this? Trying to understand if it’s just my imagination, or if this is a known issue/quirk of this vehicle.
My car is very smooth. But I'm on 19s. Still, my guess is your alignment or balance is off. Definitely have them check it out.

My car is very smooth. But I'm on 19s. Still, my guess is your alignment or balance is off. Definitely have them check it out.

My car had this on delivery, one of the wheels needed road force rebalance and that cured it, see if mobile service can come by, their van can do it.

Adjustable air spring is bad and bumpy!!!!

I have Rivian R1S with 22” sports wheel, and few friends with Tesla. I can attest to that, spring adaptive suspension is for truck and SUV, better not be on sedan. Lucid Air GT has the most comfort ride out of all EVs I tried. (I have not yet ridden EQS and iX)
I agree air springs are really bumpy. I had a R1T with (20'' road tire) last year drove it for 6000 miles before selling it for my GT. The R1T was really bumpy especially when the entering/existing a parking lot when the wheels are lifted at different times.

I heard R1S is even more bumpier than R1T. I also own a 2020 Defender with air suspension. I though the ride was fine until I have my GT. Now I can't imagine a long road trip without driving a GT.

I agree air springs are really bumpy. I had a R1T with (20'' road tire) last year drove it for 6000 miles before selling it for my GT. The R1T was really bumpy especially when the entering/existing a parking lot when the wheels are lifted at different times.

I heard R1S is even more bumpier than R1T. I also own a 2020 Defender with air suspension. I though the ride was fine until I have my GT. Now I can't imagine a long road trip without driving a GT.

R1S in all video reviews were bumpier than R1T. However it got improved drastically in their latest OTA update to have software adjusted the dampers. They also use OTA to auto-calibrate seats position (kind of like human muscle stretch). EV with software improving car is just amazing. However, Air GT without air springs is still better ride compliant than those air suspension.

My Touring on 20” wheels is very smooth. I’ve had a passenger who didn’t know what a Lucid was remark about the smooth ride.

Update: I took my car into the Scottsdale service center yesterday. I took a drive with the technician to show him the bumpiness (and validate that I’m not crazy). He noticed it wasn’t as smooth as it should be. When I picked it up, the report was that the suspension setting was stuck on a stiff setting. They did a suspension module reset, test drove the car and said that fixed the issue. I took the 1 hour drive home and it does seem smoother. I think it should still be a little smoother but I’m happy some progress was made. Maybe my expectations are too high.

Update: I took my car into the Scottsdale service center yesterday. I took a drive with the technician to show him the bumpiness (and validate that I’m not crazy). He noticed it wasn’t as smooth as it should be. When I picked it up, the report was that the suspension setting was stuck on a stiff setting. They did a suspension module reset, test drove the car and said that fixed the issue. I took the 1 hour drive home and it does seem smoother. I think it should still be a little smoother but I’m happy some progress was made. Maybe my expectations are too high.
I'm glad to hear they were able to reset the suspension system. I would trust they know how it ought to feel. When I got my Air, I know expectations colored my experience, since people rave about them so much. But what makes the Air special can be subtle. You can feel bumps on the road in any car, but I found that once I relaxed behind the wheel a little, I just kept having moments of comfortable, poised (and smooth) driving that made me smile.

Back